Support

Open search

Note 8 Going Crazy

Highlighted
First Poster

So I have had this note 8 for a year and its the second one, first one the battery within a few months was fried. I have had zero problems with the second one. However, the issues are getting ridiculous. First, it is current on updates, I do use a disabler to get rid of the nonsense apps I don't want or need, I use Microsoft Launcher so that I can be synced with my laptop, tablet, and especially my sons laptop at all times (when I need to, it does not run in the background).  All apps are turned off for background use, all are blocked for battery usage, and the system is set to only allow 2 apps to be running.  Here are my issues..... This all started one by one after I received the Nov. 2018 security patch.   When pushing the Apps Menu, it takes forever to pull up the apps sometimes, but every time the screen flickers nonstop, my battery can be at 100% when unplugged and within an hour with zero use it is setting at 45% battery, I have several apps that constantly force close their self, or won't open at all, and none of my Samsung Apps will log me into them.. No, I am totally aware of what apps not to disable. I have also done a factory reset, memory is not an issue as the phone has onboard 64 GB memory and I have a 256 GB card installed, I run device manager at least 2 times a day. And I system boot to clear the cache at a minimum three times a week. I have even booted in safe mode for an entire day, to only have the same issues but no apps. I only use the Samsung charging box and Samsung Type C Cord for fast charging, and only use the car charger with the same cord and box (I have an inverter) and it's only utilized when its a no way around it situation.  Is anyone else having these issues? Anyone have any ideas of things I have not tried? This is on my last nerve driving me crazy...

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Have you tried running your phone without the custimizations? They might be related to the issues.

Highlighted

@SjorsK wrote:

Have you tried running your phone without the custimizations? They might be related to the issues.

Yes, when in Safe Mode it's stock Samsung. 

Highlighted
Save mode isn't exactly the default Samsung setup. I still recommend going back to the default setup for the time being.

Can you also place a screenshot of this page:
Settings -> Device Maintanance -> Battery -> Battery Usage.

This might explain why the phone battery dies this quickly.

Top Liked Authors