Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Note 8 Gallery: Can't use sticker function for putting an image on image

(Topic created on: 09-05-2019 11:15 PM)
ImarriedmyNote
Explorer
Options

I used to be able to stack pictures(put an image on another image) in photo editor pro through Gallery app before the Pie update.
That option still lives for those, who's Gallery app functions properly. The Date Stamps and Shapes sticker is supposed to allow this function, but on most Note 8 devices, this is broken.

The Date Stamps and Shapes sticker does not show up, so we cannot stack images. I just got an update for my Gallery app from the Galaxy store, still NOT FIXED. Samsung PLEASE FIX THIS. I need this function daily for my work!!!

Ironically it works fine on my coworkers S8, which is a CHEAPER DEVICE!

12 REPLIES 12
MrStingRing
Journeyman
Options

Same here it's an absolute joke! 

Milners
First Poster
Options

Yes, same here! Why is this functionality not available on the Note 8? I used this function every day (before the update) to put our logo on our our company social media photos 😞

ImarriedmyNote
Explorer
Options

Exactly the same here. @Anonymous User ? This feature seems bugged on every Note 8, running the new Android Pie! Shouldn't be such a difficult fix!

0 Likes
ImarriedmyNote
Explorer
Options

Received the April security update today...STILL NO FIX FOR THE GALLERY PROBLEM. I mean, what do we have to do, to get this issue fixed???

0 Likes
Uniqezz
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same issue. It works on my wife's s8, but doesn't work on note 8

NotSure
Student
Options

I regret I didn't check around the comments about this latest Android as I usually do. I can't believe Samsung had another software bug again.

If I picked a Note 8 is not for playing or admiring the screen, I really need the Photo Editor with all the functions as before to be able to keep working!!!

ImarriedmyNote
Explorer
Options

Hello Samsung???? Good morning, if you release an update, proceed to fix the BUGS you send out with the update!

0 Likes
ImarriedmyNote
Explorer
Options

Well today I gave up, decided to just do a full factory reset.

POWER BUTTON+VOLUME UP+BIXBY button upon boot up, and chose FACTORY RESET.

Obviously, all my apps, images etc took hours to restore using Google Cloud and Smart Switch. I also have to take a trip to my bank, as my banking app has to be reconfigured, but at least it FIXED THE ISSUE.

So I guess the good news is, there IS A SOLUTION, the bad news is, the fix will take away a few hours of your life. I will definitely reconsider installing updates from here on...although I assume the Note 8 won't get further major updates anymore.

0 Likes
Solution
juancl
Student
Options

I could fix it in my wifes phone. 

Click the three pints menu in the  superior corner right. It is important you do it while you have the options to edit the picture.

Click on About Photo Editor

In the superior right corner, you will see an "i",open it.

Open "Memory"

Open "Storage"

Erase Data and Cache. It will not erase any photo in your gallery.

After that you will be able to add pictures to another pictures.

if ypu have any doubt write me to gastosjuancatgmaildotcom