Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Note 7 users

(Topic created on: 28/12/16 13:53)
sbones
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi any ex Note7 owners ?Or are you still using yours ?

I had 2 ,the 1st for a week before recall then an S7 loan phone ,then back to a Note7 ,then a month after the recall got sent another S7 edge 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AntS
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi there guys!

We’d advise any customers who still have a Note7 to take advantage of the Galaxy Note7 Replacement Programme, and get in touch ASAP with your local Samsung services or the original retailer. More information about the UK Galaxy Note7 Replacement Programme can be found here.

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
AndyV
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones
I owned one I never sent it back until the final recall, and personally as a user of Samsung for quite some time now and honestly the note 7 has got to be one of the best mobile phones I have ever owned. I'm hoping this yearsite s8 brings well as they did with the the note 7 :smiling-face:
- A
0 Likes
sbones
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I fell extremely lucky, I got my replacement S7edge sent out to me without having to return my Note7 , waited 3 months still nothing,so sold it for cash & brought a Samsung quhd curved TV with the money :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
Mike5
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I have two Note 7 phones still. One mine, one was my wife's. I agree that they were the best phones ever, but now just expensive paperweights.

However, is anyone else having trouble getting replacements or refund? I cannot get replies to any emails I have sent to Samsung. They didn't come from Samsung originally as they don't deliver here, and the retailer they did come from has ignored me after initially offering a refund. Any helpful thoughts? Do I just start using them and take the risk?

0 Likes
AndyV
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones
Hi Mike,
Samsung should offer a refund you would need to get hold of them via the phone, I wouldn't personally recommended using it, don't get me wrong I would of loved to have used the note 7 for longer but sadly I wouldn't recommend taking the risk, now that they've all been cancelled off they wouldnt be able to do much as all users were warned not to use the phone, I used mine until the update of the battery stopping at 60% I sent it back.

But like I say your best bet is to get hold of samsung because it's been a while now I don't think you'll get a refund but worth trying ring them direct on - 0330 726 7864
Hope this helps, let me know how it gets on.
0 Likes
AndyV
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Sbones

Ah see I was offered the S7 but I've got the s7 edge already so it wasn't a good enough supplement so I just got my money back.

0 Likes
sbones
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
They've been going for quite a lot on eBay , but the carrier you got them from have to refund them !
0 Likes
AndyV
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones
So do Samsung if you had it order via samsung
0 Likes
Mike5
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Thanks everyone. Great replies and quick!

Unfortunately, I had to get them SIM free because Samsung won't deliver to the Channel Isles where I live, and neither do any UK carriers. Local carriers can take months to stock new phones, and being a huge technology addict  and previously been a huge Samsung fan, I didn't wait to wait, so ordered them online from an independant supplier that I had used before with no problems. Unfortunately, they have let me down now and are not interested. They are still made by Samsung, however, so I can't help feel Samsung should take responsibility. 

I have tried to ring Samsung 3 times, incidentally. The first time they passed me back to the retailer, the other twice I was in a queue for over half an hour so gave up and emailed - but no response.

The Ebay idea sounds interesting. At least I might get something back that way.

0 Likes
AndyV
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones
What color did you get may I ask? I'll be happy to pay some money for one, I was dissapointed that I had to send it back as I wanted to keep it in the box, as I have my previous note series and galaxy series at home all in there boxes and it's a shame the note 7 is dropped from all the other notes 😕 so I'll considering buying it Mike :smiling-face: