Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noise when connecting call

(Topic created on: 09-11-2020 08:52 AM)
RichM
Student
Options

I have just purchased a recon Samsung S8 to replace my S5. Having moved my sim across (GiffGaff) I have found that if I try to call someone, a second or two after the call is connected, there is a loud feedback style noise making the call unintelligable.  The phone was purchased as unlocked from a major high street chain. Any ideas what could be causing hits?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
I would try the Giffgaff sim in another phone to see if that happens again as a process of elimination to see if it's the network/SIM OR the handset.

or try another SIM in the device to see if that happens again.

if it's the network or SIM get a replacement SIM arranged. if it is the S8 I'm pretty sure you will have a warranty with the retailer not the manufacturer as it's a refurb.
0 Likes
RichM
Student
Options

Yes, I put the sim back in my old phone and it works. I've been in touch with the retailer with the hope of getting a reply (thank you Covid19) but just trying to cover all bases.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
definitely the phone then and not the SIM or network. You can check for any software updates available but these places normally get all that done while refurbishing the phone. hopefully they will just refund you or swap it. hope it gets sorted.