Did you mean: 

Original topic:

No Oreo update avaible on Sansung Galaxy S7

(Topic created on: 29-08-2018 12:39 AM)
IDUnknow
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

My phone's model is SM-G930F. It's the non-edge version.

I have already tried going to my settings and tried mannually downloading it, conncecting it to Smart Swich. Nothing. It's like there isn't an update for the phone but It is? I have a friend who has the same phone and she got It a couple of days ago. Maybe it has to do with the model or something but I am very annoyed. And I don't have a PC to install the firmware either. What could be wrong?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi @IDUnknow

Firmwares are sent out in batches / waves dependant on phone model, serial number and date of manufacture along with other stipulations such as if the phone has been supplied by a Mobile Network (branded),  or directly purchased from Samsung. (unbranded)

A branded phone which has been supplied by a network may get updates slower sometimes as the networks want to test it to ensure nothing clashes with their Network before allowing Samsung to push it out. 

Typically both Networks and Samsung won't comment on firmware update timescales. 

Personally I'd advise from staying clear of installing a Custom Rom onto a phone but if you so wish to do so then you can properly learn how to do so via the xdadevelopers site. 

Performing this procedure is entirely at your own risk. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

IDUnknow
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Oh, so I just have to wait a little longer? Well, that's fine I guess. By the way, thank you for answering! I was a little concerned but It's fine now :smiling-face:

0 Likes