Support

Open search

No notifications on WiFi

Highlighted
First Poster

The past three days I have received no notifications other than from the stock email app when I am connected to WiFi. I only realised there was a problem when I left the house and the phone started using the mobile network and I suddenly received a barrage of notifications. I have not changed any settings, I don't have power saver on, I've double checked all my settings. The only thing I can think of that caused it is the most recent update around the time the problem started? Has anyone else got this issue? If so have you found a solution? I can't afford to miss notifications. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Can you recall what your most recent update was @LouR

Mine was the August security update.

Can you try hooking up to another source of Wi-Fi like a coffee shop or friends home Wi-Fi to see if the issue stops. 

If it does stop then try forgetting your own home broadband Wi-Fi in your phone settings and then reset it back up to see if that helps  

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone User.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.1 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.
Samsung Galaxy Buds.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted

Mine was the 1 Aug security patch update too. 

I've tried all of your suggestions already and it doesn't help the issue unfortunately  

Highlighted

Hi @LouR. Which phone is this on; and is Wi-Fi otherwise okay on it (i.e. no issues with loading up websites etc. when you've not got mobile data on)?

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Highlighted
Hi. I have the same problem. Did you found a solution ?
Thanks
Highlighted

did anyone get a fix for this issue?  Mine has been the same for about 6 months.  Samsung told me it was my IP issue  even though it is only happening to my S8 out of 4 other mobiles in the house.  My IP  has issued me with 3 different routers to try and sort the issue but still not fixed.  I get notifications on any other wifi except home! Thanks 

Top Liked Authors