Support

Open search

NFC & Android Beam (S Beam) doesn't work between Note 2 and S7 Edge?

Highlighted
SOLVED
Apprentice

Hello,

I have an interesting problem. By using NFC and S beam, I can transfer anything from S7 edge to my Note 2, but I can not do the same from Note 2 to S7 edge. As soon as I tap the screen to transfer a file, an error message appears on s7 edge stating that "S beam is not supported".   

How can I transfer files from Note 2 to S7 using NFC (not wi-fi direct) ? Am I missing to turn on a feature or something?

Also, I can not see anyway to disable Wifi direct on S7 edge, how so? 

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Voyager

As our Note 2 is an older model, it has an older version of S Beam and is unable send data forwards to a newer model such as your S7. 

The S7 has the newer version of S Beam meaning it is backwards compatibale with the Note 2 version and able to recieve/send data to it.

In order to tranfer data from one phone to the other we'd recommend using Smart Switch.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Hi there, Flux. :smileyhappy:

It's an odd one that! 

Just to confirm, is NFC enabled on both phones? S7 edge : Apps > Settings > NFC and Payment (also worth checking that Android Beam is on in that menu). Note 2: Apps > Settings > Connections > NFC (and check Android beam is on there too).

And Wi-Fi Direct can't be disabled as such on the S7 edge, but if you go into Settings > Wi-Fi > Wi-Fi Direct, you can choose to connect or disconnect to what's listed there.

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hello,

I do think that it is odd, too. I checked everything, and all are enabled. Also, I can transfer from S7, so I guess it is working, but one-way. It says this device does not support S beam and that it could not recieve the files, however I can send files with the same device using beam.

I don't want to take it to a tech. support for a problem like this one... :/

Highlighted
Voyager

As our Note 2 is an older model, it has an older version of S Beam and is unable send data forwards to a newer model such as your S7. 

The S7 has the newer version of S Beam meaning it is backwards compatibale with the Note 2 version and able to recieve/send data to it.

In order to tranfer data from one phone to the other we'd recommend using Smart Switch.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hello,

Thank you for your answer, and recommendation. 

Regards.

Top Liked Authors