Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Samsung with SD card port.

(Topic created on: 03-04-2024 04:30 PM)
EvgeniiR
Apprentice
Options

I want to update my phone, but I can't find which of the new Samsung has an SD card slot. I ordered two different models, but both had to be returned to the seller. This is an important question for me, I do not want to change the brand, but I will have to do it if Samsung did a big stupid thing by removing this feature from their phones.

13 REPLIES 13
Star_girl
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes, from my research SD card slot was dropped by most phones few years ago, actually Samsung it's almost the only company that still keeps this feature on some phones.

Apple dropped card slots even before Samsung and for America they dropped physical sim cards too.
I actually appreciate Samsung for keeping some physical features that Apple forgot about.
0 Likes
MorningBlunt
Helping Hand
Options
Cya!

MB
0 Likes
SOCIALXAT
First Poster
Options

@EvgeniiR wrote:

I want to update my phone, but I can't find which of the new Samsung has an SD card slot. I ordered two different models, but both had to be returned to the seller. This is an important question for me, I do not want to change the brand, but I will have to do it if Samsung did a big stupid thing by removing this feature from their phones.

You won't find freedom and an SD card slot with Apple, that's for sure. Truth be told, most manufacturers are following suit and ditching the SD card slot. It's likely that the rest will follow suit in the next couple of years.

There might be only a handful still incorporating them now. Personally, I find it inconvenient at times not having that functionality. However, it seems to be the direction the industry is heading, and there aren't enough consumers raising concerns about it at the moment. 

0 Likes
N49
Student
Options

I agree with you; I just noticed the new Samsung phone costs about twice my monthly mortgage and yet has no slot for a card, forcing you, in a sense, to pay for monthly virtual storage. I have been a fan of Samsung for so many years, and now I am considering returning to another type of phone where I can access my information without relying on the internet. Also, if your phone breaks down and you do not back up your information, you may say goodbye to your data; this is nonsense. I remember when such a thing happened, you could still find your data since you saved everything on the card; this forces us to pay for more services, like online storage. Life is becoming so expensive, so why should I pay $2,259.99 for a phone where if it breaks down, I might lose all my information? No, wait, this is fantastic... with instant savings of $240.00, you can get the Galaxy Z-fold for $2,019.99! Outrageous...

0 Likes