Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New S22

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 03:32 PM)
Clive504
Apprentice
Options
Disappointed that Samsung have brought out a new phone when it was less than 6 months ago that the flagship S20 was launched.😔 
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
millerman
Voyager
Options
Think you will find the S20 series were launched March 2020.
Adridag
Pioneer
Options
s22?🤔
0 Likes
oldman1972
Explorer
Options
S series... every year in march. This year brought forwards by a month.

S20 was publicised in Feb2020 and released in March2020. This year S21 publicised on 14th January 2021 and released on 29th Jan. it is actually only about a month early.

N series every year in September. Rumours that N series will not be made anymore... and due to S pen support on S21.

why disappointed ??
0 Likes
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Hey there Clive504!

I understand why you find it disappointing - makes your new phone feel old.

It's standard Product Design - your phone is probably great!! But manufacturers across the board are always striving to give customers new features that they didn't know they wanted, but they then grow to love - known as Market Push.

Consumers are also always looking for improvements - better performance, better battery and more features - known as Consumer Pull.

Samsung have done both of those with the S21 🙂. By adding S-Pen support and QHD@120Hz to the Ultra, and beefing up the battery life by adding a bigger cell on the S21+ and switching to LTPO OLED displays.

Guessing you're on an S20? That phone's still awesome! To be truthful, I've just upgraded from an S20 to a Note20 Ultra. It's not a big upgrade, it's not the latest handset, but it's still an awesome phone and I love it!!

At the end of the day, if your phone does what you want it to do, and you like your phone, that's the only thing that really matters. If you're on an S20, your handset's gonna get OS upgrades for another 2 years, and security updates after that.

Hope this helps, and best wishes,
Tom 🙂
M3st3ru
Navigator
Options
indeed!
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I am sure any Modern Smartphone will be fine  and consumers have different needs which will determine the type of device we have and how often you need to upgrade.   For the flagships though that is likely to be fairly regularly  , however being a model behind should not be a significant issue.  Whilst  many will purchase new devices as soon as they are available , whilst others will wait until there is a better deal someway down the line.   However purchasing late means it may   soon be superseeded (however that is fine if it suits your requirements)

Commercial factors mean that companies need to bring new devices out on a regular basis and entice us with new features  , however  some of this will be demand lead as consumers want more from their mobile devices and technology to enhance their productivity/entertainment.   Certainly technology can never stand still for too long , we  need to think of new ways  devices can enrich our lives (of course our own  affordability plays a part in this)

As far as the S21 goes somw would argue the S20’s screen resolution is more impressive at1440 x 3200, or Quad HD, whist  the Galaxy S21 is  1080 x 2400- Full Hd+. However the S20 can only use QHD resolution or the 120Hz refresh rate(not both at the same time)  Only the S21 Ultra has QHD resolution but can use 120Hz simultaneously.  See a report here :  https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/samsung-galaxy-s21-vs-galaxy-s20-comparing-flagship-samsung-phones 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes