Did you mean: 

Original topic:

New note 8 weather location of town missing

(Topic created on: 16-09-2017 03:17 AM)
Jonnymac84
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

The weather app on my new note 8 the installed app by the weather channel is not finding my town, anyone know how to fix this??

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi @Jonnymac84

Can you please say which Town is not being found ?

In the interim you could try using another Weather App. 

Current Phone >Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone > Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860.

0 Likes
Jonnymac84
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I am based in the UK in Northern Ireland, a town called Ballymoney also town called Coleraine and Ballymena.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Other Smartphones

Ok if you launch the app and press on the 3 little dots in the top Rh corner one of the options are 

Report wrong city name. 

And

Contact us. 

That may help. 

:smiling-face:

Current Phone >Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone > Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860.

0 Likes
Live1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones
I've got the same issue.the app says I live in a town 10 miles away from my house
0 Likes
Live1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

I live in Malden manor my note 8 weather app says I live in Kingston lol.its bull*****.my note 4 gets my location

0 Likes
AntS
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi all. Reposting from the other thread on this topic:

To confirm: the weather widget currently uses the borough of the location for its services. We've passed feedback on to the developers to see if town-level support can be implemented for you guys.

If the app is reporting that the location is outside of the borough where you are, please follow these steps:

• Toggle Location Services Off and back On again
  • Apps > Weather > Clear Cache
  • Tap widget to launch screen > tap 3 dot overflow menu > Report wrong city name
0 Likes
AntS
Options
Other Smartphones

Resposting from the other thread on this issue:

An app update is being planned, but we haven't been given a confirmed exact timescale for it.

Our software team will be working on a patch for this issue though. If this issue is still affecting you, and you're wanting a patch, can you send them an error report about the app issue using the Samsung Members app?  (Open Members app > Select Support > Send Feedback > Error Reports > Application > Tick Send System Log Data and attach a description of the problem.)

0 Likes