Did you mean: 

Original topic:

New 8+ crashed

(Topic created on: 22-09-2017 09:22 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Other Smartphones

Hello my S8+ bought online just a couple of weeks ago has crashed catastrophically. I can't unlock the screen either to enable SmartSwitch etc. The warning on the screen says "Process system isn't responding". There are twon options shown, Close App and Wait. The screen does not respond when either of these options are touched. I tried using Sidesync and using my laptop via sidesync the phone will not resppond either.  Any suggestions how I can make the phone respond, back it up etc?? Thanks   

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi @Anonymous User

You could try the 1st method in this help link > Hardreset Samsung galaxy-s8

However this is a Hard Reset so would most probably delete your information off the phone as it takes the phone back to the last firmware. 

If that fails then due to the short period of time if this was my situation I'd want the phone replacing if your still within any applicable Cooling Off period , instead of having to have work carried out on it from a Samsung Service Location or Samsung Experience Store. 

Current Phone > Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Other Smartphones
Believe I'm beyond the cooling off period which I think is only 7 days. And I don't want to lose my data. Using SideSync I managed to manually cut and paste the data from the phone to my computer. I would rather use SmartSwitch though as it'll be easier to upload again. Will try to get Samsung to troubleshoot. It's very new and expect they will assist or replace.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Other Smartphones

If purchased via Samsung it's 30 days. 

Current Phone > Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

0 Likes