Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Need to delete personal info from old Samsung

(Topic created on: 12-04-2021 03:33 PM)
MagsMcLean
Journeyman
Options

I'm trying to remove the Samsung account from my mum's old Galaxy Ace (GT-5830i), so that I can do a factory reset and pass the phone on.

I've removed the phone from the Samsung account (using the laptop) but I cannot remove the account from the phone - when I enter the password (which IS correct) it comes back with 'processing failed' - same message before and after I accessed the Samsung account on the laptop.

Can't do a factory reset without removing the Samsung account. Can't remove the account because 'processing failed'. I have manually deleted every single bit of data from that bloody phone, but my mum's email address is still there so I'm not comfortable with passing it on so any ideas??

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
godtrunks
Pioneer
Options
You have to remove google account. Just go to phone settings general management, reset, restore factory settings, add google or Samsung account and all. Make sure phone is connected to Internet or else will not allow you.
0 Likes
truckergod
Pathfinder
Options
I buy a new Samsung every year and I have never had to remove the Google account b4 doing a reset. Go into settings select general hit reset then scroll down to factor data reset and follow the on screen instructions
0 Likes
MagsMcLean
Journeyman
Options

It's sending me round in circles - the Google account can only be removed by a factory reset. Factory reset can only happen after removing Samsung account. Samsung account 'fails processing' and can't be removed. The phone can access the internet, so that's not the problem. Is there any way to force the factory reset without removing the Samsung account?

0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Search for Google 'Find My Phone' on your computer. It should display a list of devices associated with your Google account. 'Forget' the device you want to remove. When you then perform a hard reset, your phone will act as though it has never been near a Google account.

As it is at the moment, every time you hard reset your phone, it automatically associates your device to a particular Google account (abc123@gmail.com, for example). By doing the above, abc123, or any other Google account has to set up an association to this 'new' device.
0 Likes
MagsMcLean
Journeyman
Options

Tried this, but the old phone is no longer associated with the Google account. The Google account is not the problem; the Samsung account is the problem😕

0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
I think, perhaps, you will need to disassociate it with your Samsung Cloud account then.
0 Likes
MagsMcLean
Journeyman
Options

I've already done that. I've been able to remove the phone from the account, but not the account from the phone. Says it's 'checking password' then 'processing failed'

Definitely connected to the internet, definitely got the right password, definitely tempted to just drop the phone in the sea!!!

0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Don't drop your phone in the sea - you will become susceptible to phishing attacks!! 🤣 🤣 🤣

Have you tried putting the phone in airplane mode, then try to remove the account from the phone?
0 Likes
MagsMcLean
Journeyman
Options

Groan!!

I have just tried now, and it said 'network error'. Re-enabled WiFi (not cell service) and tried again....'processing failed' AGAIN

0 Likes