Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

My Note 8 doesnt work correctly after the Android Oreo update

(Topic created on: 15/04/18 16:33)
DukeODreams
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I updated my phone yesterday and now im having alot of problems, and the thing is none of these problems existed for me before i updated to android oreo, these problems include; my fingerprint scanner not working correctly,

my phone randomly saying it restarted and then when i go to unlock my phone with the pin it doesnt let me type and the screen turns off,

the 3 onscreen buttons not appearing when i swipe up and the button that shows all currently running apps not working,

the google playstore wont let me download or update anything and keeps crashing without giving me an error message,

i have to tap around 6 times till my phone finally turns off/restarts,

my keyboard being a bit unresponsive and my old apps not working correctly an example being discord, ive used discord on mobile for around a year now and its been perfectly fine but after updating to android oreo it no longer works correctly and so i uninstalled it and then went to reinstall it but the playstore kept crashing and not downloading it.

I also had a weird thing happen where after i updated my wallpaper and lockscreen wallpaper where set back to one of the defualts instead of what i had chose.

Overall after updating to android 8 these last 2 days have been a nightmare and when i searched on google nothing of relevance came up, and even though i really dont want to do this im thinking of just hard reseting my phone and seeing if that fixes anything

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Other Smartphones

A phone can take a little while sometimes to fully settle down after an update @DukeODreams

However if this continued then if this was my phone then first I would put it in Safe Mode which disables all your downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones alone which can help to determine if an app is causing this. If things return to normal in safe mode then delete your downloaded apps and start re downloading one at a time. 

After the Oreo Update your apps should then have optimised. It's still worth checking in your play store to see if any update is pending. 

If no resolution then clear the System File Cache which is performed by turning the phone Off and then from a set series of button presses will take you into the System File Cache which may help after you have cleared that. This process won't delete your info. 

If no help then back up and Factory Reset. 

If that fails to help then a Samsung Service Centre will be able to help you further. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Other Smartphones

A phone can take a little while sometimes to fully settle down after an update @DukeODreams

However if this continued then if this was my phone then first I would put it in Safe Mode which disables all your downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones alone which can help to determine if an app is causing this. If things return to normal in safe mode then delete your downloaded apps and start re downloading one at a time. 

After the Oreo Update your apps should then have optimised. It's still worth checking in your play store to see if any update is pending. 

If no resolution then clear the System File Cache which is performed by turning the phone Off and then from a set series of button presses will take you into the System File Cache which may help after you have cleared that. This process won't delete your info. 

If no help then back up and Factory Reset. 

If that fails to help then a Samsung Service Centre will be able to help you further. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

View solution in context

mitopa
Navigator
Options
Other Smartphones

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

hello,

I am intrigued by the above.    What processes or apps are behind it?

thanks

0 Likes