Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My lock pattern suddenly stopped working?

(Topic created on: 07-03-2020 12:03 AM)
mk015
Apprentice
Options

I woke up one morning to find that the lock pattern on my S8 was no longer being recognised at all. I tried multiple times but with no luck, so just had to use my fingerprint to unlock the phone.

I tried to reset my pattern but obviously was unable to do so because it said my pattern was incorrect.

2 days later my fingerprint is no longer being recognised and I have no way to get into the phone.

I tried using the Remote Unlock on Samsung Find My Mobile but keep getting the error message 'Can't unlock your phone, remote unlock is off'.

Does anyone know of any way to work around this? At minimum I just want to get all my pictures that are saved on the phone off (I'm due an upgrade anyway)!

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Can you get to a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre @mk015 

They should be able to help you. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Jonathan1205
Samsung Helper
Options

Hi mk015, do you have a Samsung account synced with your phone?

0 Likes
Kiarie
First Poster
Options

am experiencing same problem "pattern drawn incorrect" and i had disabled the option for remote unlock.

how do I go about it?

0 Likes
mk015
Apprentice
Options

I went into a Samsung store but they said they had never heard of the issue and advised me to try the remote unlock on the computer. To no avail 😞

0 Likes
mk015
Apprentice
Options

Hi! 

Yeah I did have an account linked, and luckily a bunch of my photos had automatically synced which was awesome, but a number for photos in folders that I had created did not.

0 Likes
Kiarie
First Poster
Options

mine  i had to  erase  all data as i had disabled the  remote  unlock feature.

Sadly i lost all the  photos and  documents  too.

0 Likes
techboy
First Poster
Options
My son just had same problem. Anyone got a fix?
0 Likes