Support

Open search

My j5 has only facebook and messenger installed plus 2ohotos and my email yet it has used 95% of its storage. Wot can i do?

Highlighted
SOLVED
Observer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Muddyfunsta

Can I assume you have the 8Gb of internal storage option ?

The recurring issue is that the phones memory is also used by the Operating System and some is gated off for future updates. 

So out of the box your not actually getting to use the full 8Gb. 

Perhaps more like 6'ish Gb to use. 

The phone has a Sd Card option so a person can move certain items to it in order to free up internal storage. Ie music,videos,pictures.

Some phone's but not all accept the movement of Apps to the Sd card too. 

Micro managing via deleting....

Old Calendar entries, notes, memos, unused apps, emails, text messages, music, videos etc will help. 

Clear Cache of the Apps. 

If the internal memory gets maxed out the phone can lag.

My personal opinion is that even though the lower end of phones with lower storage are less cost to buy owners can and will run into storage issues as the phone inevitably accrue things on them. 

The minimum i used to suggest was 16Gb of storage but as things progress ie 4k pictures etc that takes up more space my opinion has now changed to suggest at least 64Gb. 

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone Owner.
I have no affiliation with Samsung.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10 Plus 5G _256Gb >_ Samsung One Ui 2.5/ Android 10.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Muddyfunsta

Can I assume you have the 8Gb of internal storage option ?

The recurring issue is that the phones memory is also used by the Operating System and some is gated off for future updates. 

So out of the box your not actually getting to use the full 8Gb. 

Perhaps more like 6'ish Gb to use. 

The phone has a Sd Card option so a person can move certain items to it in order to free up internal storage. Ie music,videos,pictures.

Some phone's but not all accept the movement of Apps to the Sd card too. 

Micro managing via deleting....

Old Calendar entries, notes, memos, unused apps, emails, text messages, music, videos etc will help. 

Clear Cache of the Apps. 

If the internal memory gets maxed out the phone can lag.

My personal opinion is that even though the lower end of phones with lower storage are less cost to buy owners can and will run into storage issues as the phone inevitably accrue things on them. 

The minimum i used to suggest was 16Gb of storage but as things progress ie 4k pictures etc that takes up more space my opinion has now changed to suggest at least 64Gb. 

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone Owner.
I have no affiliation with Samsung.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10 Plus 5G _256Gb >_ Samsung One Ui 2.5/ Android 10.

View solution in original post

Top Liked Authors