Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Galaxy S7 is still holding up well!!

(Topic created on: 15-12-2021 06:59 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Surprisingly, my Galaxy S7 phone is still holding up strong. The durability of the phone is very good to this day and I haven't got a single crack in it since when I bought it in 2017! The software is still great, the hardware is great too! I am amazed that a 2016 phone is better than a 2021 phone in someone (when comparing to a S21). The S21 doesn't have a WQHD display or microSD card. What do you guys think??
8 REPLIES 8
GalaxyA51user
Voyager
Options
My dad uses J5 2015 for 6 years. Bought it $200, and it still holds like your S7! Planning to upgrade from stock TouchWiz Marshmallow to Nougat 7.1.1 ported from A8 2018.😄
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
my s4 mini still works 💪 used that bad boy for 6 years! its now a spare. i looked at the s21. and meh its got a faster refresh rate but thats about it. no ram or storage and no sim card and a decrease in image quality. no thanks. also I love the dedicated bixby button. I mean I remapped it with bxactions haha but yes having that extra button is very useful!
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I owned the Samsung Galaxy s7 edge @Anonymous User and found it to be a good solid phone.

It's great to hear your phone is still working hard for you.  👍

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Wow, I used to use the S4 Mini too, but it's a spare for testing and messing around with the bootloader. Even though I prefer newer phones, sometimes things either get comprised or forgotten about completely (for example, the microSD card). It's great you and me still have the technology from 7 years ago and how it compares to the latest phones and 2015-2017 phones. Thanks for commenting!
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Yeah definitely, I find that all the 2015-2017 phones seem to be the most durable compared to older and some newer flagship phones.
0 Likes
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
ah so probably worth mentioning it can't do anything and all the certificates have fully expired and thus its pretty useless. however it actually permanently logged into my discord and its actually my final backup ie if my 2fa codes dont work and im logged out everywhere. i can simply turn the s4 on and get a new list.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Nice way of using 2FA. I will definitely try that myself!
0 Likes
MilesWilson2199
Explorer
Options
I had an S7 for a good few years, never cracked whatsoever!
0 Likes