Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music transfer from GT-I9100

(Topic created on: 28-05-2020 09:36 AM)
Toni2306
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I don't think this supports NFC. I want to transfer music files from this phone to my new one. I've tried Bluetooth, which both phones have, but I cannot find any "share" option on the Samsung phone at all.

It's inconceivable that the phone cannot share - but I can't see how

All the online stuff shows screens that bear no relation to it. It's running Android 4.1.2

Thanks

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Plug the phone into the pc, open its memory folder and navigate to where the music is. Copy it to your pc and then plug in the new device and copy music there.

If you have more problems do not hesitate to ask!

0 Likes
Toni2306
Apprentice
Options

Hi

Thanks for your reply. My charger for the phone isn't USB, it's just a plug, I don't seem to have a data cable (I guess I ,must have had one once). However, the Google Pixel 3aXL I'm trying to transfer to doesn't come with a cable anyway, so I'd have to buy one for that as well.

I was hoping to use NFC, but that's too new for the old phone, and I don't think that DLNA is used any more. So I tried Bluetooth. I can pair the devices, but on the Galaxy, in MyFiles, there is no share option. (On my Samsung Tablet, music is on there too - but the share option is there but greyed out).

My husband has spent the whole day on this.  We've looked on line for a step by step guide to how to share, but can't find anything other than sharing between Samsung devices.

Any ideas ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I would install mega on both devices. Create a mega account and you should get 50 gb of cloud space amd 4gb of download a day.

Upload music to a folder and if it is greater than 4gb break it into chuncks of folders so that you can dowload each piece every 6-10hours. This should work

0 Likes
Toni2306
Apprentice
Options

OK Thanks, I'll try that. I found the data cable for my tablet, so I've now got the music files onto my PC (no bluetooth), but I'm going to copy onto a USB stick and put onto my husband's Mac and Bluetooth from there (assuming it has Bluetooth. If not, I'll try your method via the Cloud

Cheers

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

or buy a usb c cable for your pixel, it will be easier and much faster than bluetooth. Also macbooks are quite "stupid" as macos is not quite made by apple to work well with android so you may not be able to connect the device via bluetooth.

Let me know!

0 Likes
Techbmc
Journeyman
Options

Install Mediamonkey organizer on your Android and that of pc. There are options there or functionalities that can help to transfer music.  the following can help as well through this above app: 

Plug the phone into the pc, open its memory folder and navigate to where the music is. Copy it to your pc and then plug in the new device and copy music there.

0 Likes
Wilson6
First Poster
Options

Do you have a Google Account?  You can use your Google Account move music, and other files between your phones easily.

0 Likes