Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moisture detected

(Topic created on: 01-01-2021 07:06 PM)
scratcher
First Poster
Options
Moisture detected  won't allow my phone to charge and can't get rid of it. No water has come near my phone and have tried almost everything. Anyone else had same problem and knows how to solve this ?? S8
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Cornwall2017
First Poster
Options
its a common fault with the s8 and s8 plus. I had it on mine. so bought a newer model Samsung instead.
imCal
Journeyman
Options
I get a hairdryer and put it on cold air only. don't get too close. use that for a short period. turn the phone off at the same time and then plug it in. always worked for me to be able to charge it. just make sure no water is in it at all before connecting the charger. it happens when I take it in the bathroom when I shower. annoying but does work
Joe_N
Navigator
Options
I had this when I had an S8+ just use a hair dryer. The S8 range seems too sensitive to humidity.
0 Likes
ntruby
First Poster
Options

I had this with my S9+.   Often it was just a bug but eventually Samsung replaced it.   Now I have it again.

Personally, I will never buy another Samsung phone because of this.   The phone is now almost 3 years old, and unusable when away from home (where at least I have a wireless charger).  I would prefer to be able to override it and take this risk of it damaging the phone, then getting a new one if that happened.   As it is I am left with a phone nannied into near-uselessness.

0 Likes
ntruby
First Poster
Options

I have it all the time, but my response will be to buy a new phone which will be anything but Samsung!

0 Likes