Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Mobile data not working on S8 after the last update

(Topic created on: 01-12-2019 06:03 AM)
Criss_Dia
Apprentice
Options

Hello!

The mobile data stopped working after I updated my S8 today, Nov. 30th, 2019 (G950FXXS5DSJ1/G950FOXM5DSHC/G950FXXU5DSH3).

Need fix ASAP, please!

Thank you!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Can I ask you to check that your mobile data settings is still On @Criss_Dia 

Is flight Mode Off ?

Also does this happen everywhere you go ?

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone and then another sim card in your phone  ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Criss_Dia: To troubleshoot your issue please can you check the settings below:

Settings > Connections > Data Saver (switch this off if it's active) > Billing Cycle and Data Warning > Set Data Limit (Off)
0 Likes
Criss_Dia
Apprentice
Options

Yes, the mobile data was still on, the flight mode was off and, yes, it happened everywhere I went. A friend who has an S10 also has this issue after the update.

I took the J5 of another friend (who hasn't updated the software yet) and I switched the SIM cards. My mobile data was working on his phone, but his mobile data wasn't working anymore. So it was indeed the update's fault.

BUT after switching back the SIM cards, it's working again! The problem seems to have been solved so thank you!!

Criss_Dia
Apprentice
Options

The data saver setting was already off. But it worked after I switched the SIM cards of my phone and a friend's phone (please see my reply to the other user's comment). So it worked out in the end, but thank you for your fast answer!

0 Likes