Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Micro SD card - Bring it back

(Topic created on: 11-04-2023 01:04 PM)
Moyah8
Voyager
Options
Hi Samsung, please bring back the micro SD card in your next version of the galaxy phone S23. If not on all models, run a trail and only place on one variant (ie the S23+) and see how the sales go. 

I'm not the only out there thats not happy with yhe companies decision to remove the micro SD card slot. 

Please consider and implement. 
238 REPLIES 238
TopherKRock
Navigator
Options

@JamesAutoDude, uh-oh! Did you really say:

"Out of the countless customers I've helped, I've had to be the one to educate them on there being an SD card as many would come in with 128GB and wonder why they ran out of space, then I'd have to unfortunately sell them the SD card."

???

Do you know what the word "countless" means? In lose context, it could mean that you could have had hundreds of customers that upgraded their storage with SD cards. In the context of your customers, it was probably most of your family. I'm guessing that "more than ten" is the same as "countless" to you.

0 Likes
TopherKRock
Navigator
Options

I actually used the IR blaster. I think it was last on the S5, but it was useful. You could get a simple remote app and switch between multiple devices (Roku, smart TV, cable, etc.). It was an acceptable loss, due to the fact that Roku and other companies gave us internet based remotes and our TVs can be set to power on/off with the connected devices.

It was convenient to have it all in one app, though we no longer need to point our phone at the devices anymore.

0 Likes
JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

Lol only reason it's on those phones is because those have outdated technology in them. They have slow, old, cheap technology. And typically the space in those are like 64GB so of course they need a way to add more. But in the normal world, SD cards are a thing of the past

0 Likes
JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

Awh look at you making a book for a response to try to make yourself look more knowledgeable or like you did something 🤣 but guess what... The SD card still isn't coming back 🤣 so say whatever you'd like to make yourself feel like you're some high and mighty "knowledgeable" person, but either way, you're still crying over spilt milk, and there's still no old outdated SD card slot 😎

0 Likes
TheOnlyDocc
Navigator
Options

@

Sure Samsungs A54 is full of absolut outdated tech. 5G, 256GB internal storage (same as in a S23Ultra), 8GB RAM (also same as S23 ultra), Main Cam 50Mega pixle (same as S23+) , also variable refresh rate up to 120HZ

Sure it is absolutley trash and outdated! Really? 

And you are still ow me the math regarding "it is cheaper to get the storage upgarded phone"

TopherKRock
Navigator
Options

@JamesAutoDude Literally ALL the flagship phones had SD in them until recently. This is not outdated tech. Samsung also manufactures and sells SD cards. Why do you care if it's on the phone for others to use?

How would it affect your day if there was an SD card slot in the latest Samsung phones? You said that you wouldn't use it, right? So, why would it affect you if we used it?

I don't understand your vitriol.

0 Likes
TopherKRock
Navigator
Options

@TheOnlyDocc we all know where JAD gets his logic from...

Zepheryus
Explorer
Options
This is actually a big problem many people have sd cards and can't put them in their phones and it's really expensive to buy the in built-in storage. This is always a deciding factor when purchasing a phone and the main reason why I won't be replacing my a40 until it physically can't work.
Zepheryus
Explorer
Options
Year its very annoying when you have really good headphones but you can't use them. Also I do agree with that point samsung would get way more business if they were the only phone company to have these features.
0 Likes
AcesHidden
Apprentice
Options

1000000% this. We buy your phones because YOU aren't APPLE. I've literally bought up as many Galaxy Note 20 5g Ultra phones as I can so that I can avoid upgrading for years. I used to get a new phone every or every other year. Haven't done so since the Note 20 came out due to this. Your greed is costing you more in sales.