Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Micro SD card - Bring it back

(Topic created on: 28-03-2023 01:57 PM)
Moyah8
Voyager
Options
Hi Samsung, please bring back the micro SD card in your next version of the galaxy phone S23. If not on all models, run a trail and only place on one variant (ie the S23+) and see how the sales go. 

I'm not the only out there thats not happy with yhe companies decision to remove the micro SD card slot. 

Please consider and implement. 
238 REPLIES 238
TheOnlyDocc
Navigator
Options

Oh you say Speed is not the point? But one of your big selling points was/is speed. Or did i misread countless statements of you wrong?

Now that this point is out of the way you begin again that "Your" customers can not handle a SD card.

But most tech savvy people have absolutley no problem to handle 2 different drives in a single device.

They even could handle more. Sure there are for sure some that will have their problems. But they also have problems with setting up a W-Lan connection or setting up any other thing that needs slightly more knowlade.

And i am still waiting for your Math on the Phones? And your Answere to my question

"What is your problem if others do? Pleeease explain it to me? What triggers you so much about the fact that others whant to use SD cards? Does it have any affect on you?" 

JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

Nothing is triggering me 🤣 I just find it funny that there's people out there stuck on old technology with weird reasoning. But you do you. As I said before, I'll find y'all complaining in another 10 years when it still doesn't come back. Just like the IR Blaster that "everyone used" 

0 Likes
Moyah8
Voyager
Options
I've started this thread over a year now, and it's good to know the case for a SD card is still very strong. I think we should continue to keep the fight at their doors... as said before, threads do tend to repeat themselves.. so don't be surprised if a SD card version gets released soon and re-branded as a classic and have a hefty price tag!!
JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

It's been over 2 years since a model had SD card support, it's not coming back lol

0 Likes
Deathrider
Journeyman
Options

yea because that never happened before.  Note 4 to Note 5.......the Note 7 boom back

JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

Yeah when old technology was still considered at it's prime. Re-adding an SD card slot would be going backwards.

0 Likes
TheOnlyDocc
Navigator
Options

@JamesAutoDude Surprise Surprise. You are back again and you are wrong again!

In their lower tier Phones Samsung still adds SD card support. Like the A54. Why? Because there they have much less chance of upselling storage upgraded versions. And it is used well if you check the A54 threads. 

I would maybe keep it quiet. You have been wrong on soooo many fact that it is not funny anymore.

And you are still ow me the math regarding "it is cheaper to get the storage upgarded phone"

Moyah8
Voyager
Options
Please ignore that person.... they are 100% a troll and the best way to deal with trolls is by denying them that which they crave..... attention.
TopherKRock
Navigator
Options

@JamesAutoDude , you didn't show us any real numbers. You compared the speed of SD to the speed of internal storage. As I said, we aren't trying to boot the OS from the SD; it's extra storage. Neither Samsung nor you knows what people do with their phones. No one can tell if you are using an SD card or not.

Your anecdotes about your family (whom you "upgraded" to your "clients") don't count for anything. You took people that don't know phones and need your help to operate them as "everyone who bought a Samsung phone". News flash: The rest of us don't rely upon you to set up or use our phones. Some of us are actually more qualified than you to talk about cell phones in general as we may have set up multiple brands of phones for legitimate companies.

Again, I had to school you in the fact that M.2 is a form-factor that uses either NVMe or SATA architecture; which means that M.2 itself is not "faster than SATA" as you had claimed.

Opening a file, whether it's music, a note, a picture, video, or anything else we deem necessary to store, doesn't matter if it is on an SD card. At the same time, SD cards can be swapped in and out much faster than purging and rewriting the contents of your internal memory.

When you make claims of "baseless statements", how do you not see yourself?

"No one uses it." - I currently have 1.5TB in my Samsung phone. Other people on this thread have told you that they use it. How do you justify this statement? "My family, I mean... my clients," to which we call B.S.!

"SD is slower than the internal memory." - True, but irrelevant. As far as STORAGE goes, it's perfectly acceptable.

"You don't need more than 512GB." - If you had made that an "I" statement, it would have been true. *You* don't need more than 512GB, because you haven't reached a point where you do anything with your phone. I'm betting that you've never used DEX. Your statement is actually at odds with Samsung as they have released 1TB phones, so they clearly have taken a different position than you.

"It costs more to get a 512GB phone and a 512GB SD card than it is to get a 1TB phone." - You love being wrong, don't you? You can get 512GB SD cards for less-than $100. The cost difference of buying a 1TB model phone is usually greater-than $200.

When it comes to talking about making "baseless statements", it seems that you are projecting.

TopherKRock
Navigator
Options

@JamesAutoDude, you didn't just say "who cares about speeds" [sic], did you? Your whole anti-SD card rant was about speed. You made many claims that it was "antiquated technology" due to the "slowness". Now, of course I'm paraphrasing, as you wouldn't have an inkling as to how to use the word "antiquated", by that captures the spirit of your convoluted tirade.

0 Likes