Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Micro SD card - Bring it back

(Topic created on: 27-03-2023 11:21 PM)
Moyah8
Voyager
Options
Hi Samsung, please bring back the micro SD card in your next version of the galaxy phone S23. If not on all models, run a trail and only place on one variant (ie the S23+) and see how the sales go. 

I'm not the only out there thats not happy with yhe companies decision to remove the micro SD card slot. 

Please consider and implement. 
238 REPLIES 238
TopherKRock
Navigator
Options

You keep talking about the speed as if it means something. It is "fast enough" and quite reliable. It can be swapped much quicker than re-downloading the entire space. Again, your counter is both stupid and moot. STFU and move on!

0 Likes
TheOnlyDocc
Navigator
Options

It is cheaper? Are you completly mad? Or really bad at math? Must be or you would not tell people that it is cheaper to buy an storage upgraded phone every 2 years insted of buying once a SD card and then get the storage base model. 

I would love to see your math on it. For 3 phones (base model) + 1x SD card (less than 100€) compaered to 3 Phones with 1TB internal Storage.

Humor me/us and show us the math! 

0 Likes
TopherKRock
Navigator
Options

We want expandable storage. Why TF are you against it? You won't use it, so you have no voice here!

0 Likes
TopherKRock
Navigator
Options

He's a dolt and can't show you the math!

0 Likes
JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

The majority don't, won't, never did use it** hence why it was removed. Grow up, move on, stop living in the past, and stop crying like a baby over not having your way. It's already been 3 years now and still not coming back 🥱

Even if we count all your small 100 comments on the thread, that's absolutely nothing substantial 

0 Likes
JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

Don't talk about yourself like that 🥱 I actually showed real numbers, you on the other hand, just made baseless statements

0 Likes
TheOnlyDocc
Navigator
Options

@JamesAutoDude 

And like sooo many already explained, it does not matter that the SD card is not as fast as an internal drive! For Music, Video and Picture storage nowbody needs 2GB/s transfer rates. Even 100 or 200MB/s is way more than you ever need for it. But you simply want to troll arround. Because otherwise you would not write what you are writing.

JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

Who cares about speeds when in reality this request will never happen. It's time to move on lol

0 Likes
TheOnlyDocc
Navigator
Options

@JamesAutoDude 

It was not removed because it was not used. It was removed because it is way more profitable to sell storage upgraded phones. If nowbody would need extra storage why does Samsung sell storage upgraded phones????? Right because they make good profit on it. Which they would not make if People buy the Versions with base storage and add a SD card.

Like it was said sooooo many times. If you dont need it or don´t´like it simply don´t use it!

What is your problem if others do? Pleeease explain it to me? What triggers you so much about the fact that others whant to use SD cards? Does it have any affect on you? 

JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

Nah nobody uses the SD card slot. Out of the countless customers I've helped, I've had to be the one to educate them on there being an SD card as many would come in with 128GB and wonder why they ran out of space, then I'd have to unfortunately sell them the SD card. This isn't as often as you'd think tho, as the majority of people just moved their items to a computer or deleted things as they didn't want to carry over 128GB, and/or didn't like the idea of having 2 folders of everything

I've had plenty of customers come in wanting me to remove the SD card too, because they hated how confusing it was to move between the same named folders (DCIM to DCIM) and couldn't understand what folder was on the SD card or not, even in the gallery. The file manager nobody wanted to use either

0 Likes