Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Micro SD card - Bring it back

(Topic created on: 04-12-2022 07:12 PM)
Moyah8
Voyager
Options
Hi Samsung, please bring back the micro SD card in your next version of the galaxy phone S23. If not on all models, run a trail and only place on one variant (ie the S23+) and see how the sales go. 

I'm not the only out there thats not happy with yhe companies decision to remove the micro SD card slot. 

Please consider and implement. 
238 REPLIES 238
Members_jqSqEpt
Student
Options

I definitely agree with possibly millions of samsung note lovers which now comes as only  S version ,, and I do not know how the come up with the stupid idea to abolish the Micro Sd slot ,, I loved  samsung note phones and specially,,,,the micro Sd slot ,,one of the benefits with Sd memory slot is that if you have to reset your phone and you have 100 thousands of photo a documents , apps ,,what so ever ,,,the micro Sd Memory is not gonna be affected by reseting ,,,any way I think it time to change from android to Apple,,as memory wise there is no difference,, 

JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

Lmao apple is wayyy worse. Can't even handle notifications correctly and their system/OS feels like the 1900s. Just stick to Samsung if you're willing to live without the SD card anyways 

Also, apple is basically Samsung now anyways, they use Samsung displays and they'll soon be switching to USB-C

0 Likes
Members_jqSqEpt
Student
Options

I still use samsung note 10 plus and I love it ,,the only negative point it has had was the curved edges which NO screen tempered glass protector can be used for it and even if you buy the best tempered glass ,,,it will stay on the screen for 2 days any way,,,my phone screen has a big crack ,,and I wanted to buy the galaxy S 22 plus but I noticed,,it had no memory and dome other issues,, 

0 Likes
JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

They'll give you up to $400-$800 to trade in that phone. You'll never get that much again for it.. I'd just go for it. Just get the 512GB version and enjoy the phone. I love mine and I never go over 300GB even when I did have an SD card

0 Likes
bchan22
Student
Options

Yes I really hope they bring it back it's the main reason I went from Oneplus-> samsung. It makes transfering photos and videos for editing so much easier as well as backing up your phone on a dedicated card taking it out and putting it in a safe place. 

bchan22
Student
Options

oh my god yes the curved screen on the note 20U is driving me crazy I've had to change the screen protecetor more times than I can remember

JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

Lmao no it's faster and easier to transfer with a USB cable then it is to transfer to/from the SD card. The speed sucks with SD cards

Already I've been able to back up my phone in half the time with internal storage, then it took to do with the SD card

0 Likes
Moyah8
Voyager
Options
I was thinking the same thing... well said.
Members_ARV4yL5
Journeyman
Options

5 reasons Why external Storage is important:
1- SECURITY - You can't trust the cloud. Google already suspended accounts because some people uploaded their own nudes. Ai can put a red flag and suspend your account. That means no privacy. Not to mention Data leak of personal files.

2- SPEED - They can say 5G is fast, but if you use your phone for video, for example, the files can be very big and it takes time to upload. Then you are in an area with bad reception or your battery dies and you need the files. What do you do?

3- PROFESSIONAL PHOTO/VIDEO - If you want to make tons of pictures and videos you'll need a lot of storage. A phone with 128GB is useless for that.

4- ACCIDENTS - We don't want to break the phone, but imagine that you make a lot of great videos in a place with bad reception, your data didn't have enough time to upload to the cloud and Bammm...your phone breaks. You can't access your images right away and that lead us to a nightmare that is:

5- DATA LEAK - Your phone is damaged with a lot of pictures or videos that you don't want others to see. You know what I mean. Now you have to trust some random technician to fix your phone and hope that this person do not leak your data.

Solution: Now they sell some Pen drives that you can plug in your USB-C to download the pictures. It works, but again, if your battery is dead or if your phone is damaged, you can't back up your data.

Yes, samsung, there are so many things you can do to trash iphone. Bring external storage back. Terminate this stupid curved screen and think about a removal battery. At least put a battery in a position that is very easy to replace. People will love you more than apple.

Moyah8
Voyager
Options
So... they never done it!!! What a shame
0 Likes