Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Micro SD card - Bring it back

(Topic created on: 30-11-2022 11:37 PM)
Moyah8
Voyager
Options
Hi Samsung, please bring back the micro SD card in your next version of the galaxy phone S23. If not on all models, run a trail and only place on one variant (ie the S23+) and see how the sales go. 

I'm not the only out there thats not happy with yhe companies decision to remove the micro SD card slot. 

Please consider and implement. 
238 REPLIES 238
JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

Nah it's the prograde that is micro, not the one you mentioned

Yeah so you're using outdated technology 😅 I get much higher speeds then that even on my Note 20 Ultra, so you're either lying or something is wrong with your external/computer

When you upgrade your paying basically the same price every time anyways, especially for similar storage space. If the Note 20 Ultra costed $1,399 with 512GB and the S22 Ultra is $1,399 with the same 512GB, then you're not "paying more". And even if you are, duh, you're getting a newer better phone 😑

You can still have the "hi-res" music 😑 you act like SD card storage is some gold bar for storage 😅 internal can do the same if not more, at better speeds. Which will actually help your hi-res content, since it can load & play it faster and more consistently

Glad you're not part of the majority of people who struggle with multiple sources. Your mentality is like having tons of bank accounts for the same bill, doesn't make sense 😅

Yeah they really got me 😑 as in, they didn't, because I'm paying only $500 to upgrade after trade in, and I actually have more space then I did with my expensive SD card - and faster/better technology 

0 Likes
TheOnlyDocc
Navigator
Options

You write only " a very small minority of people who want that complicated mess".

What in the H... is complicated on a SD card? Pleeease explain? 

Put it in your phone and use the extended storage. Maybe on some Apps you have to allow the app to access the Card. But that´s it.

JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

Android is making it more complicated to manage external storage. You can't even access the SD card on the majority of apps now, forcing you to transfer to internal anyways. Sure it's nice to store things on like some external drive, but that's all it's worth now. Which why would you wanna do that anyways when your phone can get lost or stolen?? 😑

As far as complicated goes, every single customer I've had, has complained about either not understanding how it works, how to access, or how to even find the SD card. File managers don't make it obvious either, and the duplication of folders makes it even more confusing (2 of DCIM, 2 of Pictures, 2 of really everything even the android folder)

Then add in the mess when you plug it into a computer. 2 drives to shift through and decide what to transfer/etc. Actually some people will even lose things thinking it's all on the SD card, until they format the device and realize it was actually on the internal (happened more times then I can count)

0 Likes
TheOnlyDocc
Navigator
Options

Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2022_00h35m16s_004_.jpg

Godmog
Student
Options

I really dont care, for years Im taking with me my 256GB SD-card with lots of music in high quality, this is the stuff I like to listen to. I want it on that card, I don't want to stream anything. I don't care about writing speeds or something, the card is always present when I stick my mobile to my computer - just make it possible  with the S23, Samsung plz, I don't want to spend extra money for a memory solution I already have.

JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

You're literally acting like the internal storage can't handle your data 😅 I legit moved all of my 300GB (total including SD card data) to my S22 Ultra and I love it. All in one spot, no duplicate folders, faster deleting/moving/etc. Hell even my download speed is way better (downloading files). I downloaded 1GB in like a minute, usually it took 15+ with the SD card

0 Likes
Rahul08
First Poster
Options

SD Cards are one the most useful features of Samsung phones and  a differentiator from iPhones. Please bring it back. 

JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

Lmao no. It's useless for everyday users and the majority of people I installed SD cards for never used them and would get mad wondering where the extra space is

If they can somehow make it expand internal memory, maybe, but until then it's just an extra layer and a learning curve nobody wants to deal with. And this is coming from someone who did use SD cards, I'm also pleased to be without it now. So much simpler for file management and I don't have duplicate folders wondering which one is SD card which one is regular (especially in 3rd party apps)

0 Likes
JAW-82
Apprentice
Options

Do you enjoy being a troll for a multi billion dollar company? 

Seriously, your argument is baseless.  

• I don't use it/want it/need it, so no one else should
  • It's too complicated for me to figure out, so no one else will want it
  • It's slower than the built-in memory, so it's useless
  • Cloud storage is available, so who needs it?

Really that's your position? We've all addressed these and pointed out that it's cost literally pennies to have it but you still insist and restlessly defend Samsung's decision to remove it which only serves their profit and revenue models to do so. 

If you don't like the Micro SD Card, then don't use it. Having it has no effect on those who don't want it/need it.

Simply put, the removal of this option is why many people here are switching away from Samsung. Get a life dude! 

JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

Lmao I love how you made up a bunch of stuff thinking you did something here. I literally said I had a Note 20 Ultra that I used my SD card on, and after switching to S22 Ultra, I don't regret my decision. I also said that others I have given the Note 20 Ultra to, with a SD card, would come back complaining of the space - only to find out they never even used their SD card storage. This is thousands of customers so, you're wrong again

Happy trolling!

0 Likes