Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Micro SD card - Bring it back

(Topic created on: 13-07-2022 07:54 PM)
Moyah8
Voyager
Options
Hi Samsung, please bring back the micro SD card in your next version of the galaxy phone S23. If not on all models, run a trail and only place on one variant (ie the S23+) and see how the sales go. 

I'm not the only out there thats not happy with yhe companies decision to remove the micro SD card slot. 

Please consider and implement. 
238 REPLIES 238
Elroy911
Journeyman
Options

Yeah plus one to that, I use now otg a lot, but built in would be much better, even thinking to trade in mu s22 ultra for note 20 ultra because of the sd

OWaSGU
First Poster
Options

I have been a loyal Samsung Galaxy user since the S4. I've had the 4, the 5, the 7, the 9, and now the Note 20 Ultra. Notice a trend here? Every phone had a micro SD slot (main reason I skipped the 6). I like having the expandable memory for lots of reasons. The biggest one is storing photos and video. I've had phones die on me in the past, and if you can't boot your phone, you've lost any pictures or videos stored on the phone that have not been uploaded to the cloud. If you have a card, you pop out the card, and transfer them somewhere else. 

I usually upgrade every two years. I pay off my old phone, and buy a new one. I don't even trade in my old phones, I have them all, all the way back to the 4. Next month I pay off the Note 20 Ultra... and for the first time I'm not upgrading. I'm going to hold out until February with hopes that Samsung will wise up and add the slot back on the 23. I'll be first in line to buy the top of the line model with the most internal memory. But if there is no SD in the next model, it might be time to start looking at other manufacturers.

Samsung, you're going to lose a lot of loyal customers. I've had three different models of watches over the years, including the 4 Classic, the first and second gen Gear VRs, Buds Pro, five different Galaxies, and that doesn't even include the four Samsung Tablets that I've had over the years. I don't want to jump ship, but if you're not going to give me what I want, I'll go to a manufacturer who will.

Ralphieboy9
Student
Options

I'm with you, they need to bring back the micro SD. Samsung note series is the only real reason why I've stayed with Samsung all these years. I did not like it when they took it out of note 5, every month I was constantly backing up my files. I'm a artist and I sketch on my phone, its easier to send rough gestures to clients. The files I have on my phone aren't small and the apps I use aren't getting any smaller. They need bring back the expandable memory. I'll down grade to whatever phone still has expandable memory, if not I'm afraid I'll have to jump to Apple. I mean seriously what's the point in buy Samsung if they get rid of expandable memory, you might as well get a Apple phone.

Moyah8
Voyager
Options
My point exactly. Hence I've ditched samsung and now loving my iPhone 13 Pro max
Ralphieboy9
Student
Options

My phone has the option to shoot 4K, so at my cousin's wedding I was shooting 4k. I get home and noticed, oh snap! Those video files are huge, I had a 8 and couple of 10gb videos video!!! Thankfully I still had enough room because of the expandable memory!!!

Timotej Šenk
Apprentice
Options

I'm a content creator, which means I need a phone with a wide array of powerful cameras. But these powerful cameras chew away at your storage, exactly why I've always gotten an Sd Card. I had an S20 Exynos, but the overheating was so annoying I sold it and bought a used S9+ 256gb... The rest of the money I spent on a big and speedy sd card, I love Sd cards.. And if Samsung doesn't wise up and bring it back, I'll have to go for a different company. I heard Sony still has Sd card support, a 3.5mm headphone jack too.

Blackcard_XCII
First Poster
Options
I can quite honestly say that this will be my last Samsung phone (N10+ 5G) for one I feel no reason to upgrade as this phone has all the features I need and smartphone innovation has stagnated. And for 2, Samsung have removed everything that made a Samsung phone a Samsung phone. Now they are trying to make iPhone clones but the software isn't on par with iOS so they have no USP and are slowly loosing their core market. There was a time when Samsung meant freedom, you could remove your battery with ease, you had a 3.5mm jack (and Bluetooth of course), LED notification light, MicroSD card slot, more physical side buttons (could be programmed to turn on the torch or silent mode or another shortcut of your choosing), the list goes on. Truth is Samsung have nothing to differentiate themselves from the crowd besides the things people hate Samsung for (bloat and non-stock firmware which pales in comparison to stock android). It was fun owning a Samsung up until the best phone they ever built (Note 4), its been a slow decline ever since, with that said - farewell Samsung, you'll never see another penny from me, the removal of the MicroSD card slot was the last straw for me.
Moyah8
Voyager
Options
For all the reasons mentioned hence my departure . Why go half way when you can get the real thing... loving my iphone 13 pro max as it suits my needs
0 Likes
Yassir90
Explorer
Options

Yes, they should bring it back, sd cards are the best way to make sure that our files and photos are safe whenever the phone dies and they are more convenient than the cloud as they do not need the internet and are easy to move them between many different devices., like if I'm travelling and roaming is off and I took a lot of photos and my phone died before getting a chance to upload the photos then there is no word to describe my feeling, but it will be an extremely bad feeling. 

Now I have S20 and if Samsung did not bring back the SD cards to their S series then my next phone could be from Apple or some other brand.

Please Samsung, listen to your customers. 

Drumbyte
Apprentice
Options

Screw the customer, where else are you going to go if the cell cartel acts in tandem?