Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Messages App MISSING "block by phrases" on One Ui

(Topic created on: 17/09/20 07:14)
hugoleosp
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

On previous firmware we were able to use the function Block By Phrases or Words to avoid Spam coming from SMS.

With this One UI Samsung removed this option and left only the "block by number", but that doesn't hep because spammers change Sim Cards faster than I change clothes =/ one week has passed and I already got over 50 spam messages even blocking the numbers =/ 

PLEASE BRING BACK THE BLOCK BY WORDS / PHRASES FUNCTION

I can give one example, Uber Eats is desperatly trying to grow in Brazil, but we have two other bigger companies, so,  everyday Uber Eats sends me 3 SMS for a coupon on lunch, afternoon snack and dinner =/ and I keep blocking and they keep changing the numbers =/ .. and there is also TAP, Natura, Itaú, C&A, Credicard, and lots and lots of bilions of trilions another companies that keep sending annoying SMS messages =/

PLEASE I BEG YOU SAMSUNG SOFTWARE ENGINEERS .. 

17 REPLIES 17
skylee91
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Yes I need this! Why you remove it!

0 Likes
Gkman
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

just about when I started liking Samsung devices again they come up with some questionable decisions that ruin any trust they just rebuilt. 

Samsung- Get your act together!!

0 Likes
Akosua143
Options
Other Smartphones

Exactly my worry! Now spam messages taking over my Samsung Galaxy A21S. I regret buying it already.

zainsohail88
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

This is just so stupid on Samsung's end and worst of all they don't care. Because people like us are still buying there phones. This was a basic feature before one UI update and i have been using it, on top of that my existing blocked phrases are still being blocked but i can't add or remove new one's because the option is missing. 

I will definitely not go for a new galaxy anytime soon.

bcpetersjr
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I know this discussion is old but I think I found a work around in case anyone else stumbles upon this.  You can create a bixby routine that looks for keywords in messages, then you can have a quick command delete the last message.  So in theory it should see the message come in then delete it.  I just created this and ran the routine and it seems to be working, so hopefully this helps others. 

0 Likes
POKsam
Options
Other Smartphones

Really miss this phrase filtering function. Cant believe it has been discarded. Now unable to stop a mountain of unwanted text messages. I accept certain messages from known sources, but I used to be able to block their unwanted promotional messages. Blocking their number completely is not an option. Please bring back.

0 Likes
zainsohail88
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Well that's not all, on top of discarding the block by phrase - one of the core feature which has always been missing and now while its required the most is you can't block non-numeric numbers. Most of promotions messages I get are from these senders. seems like Samsung is getting money from these guys to not allow users to block these messages.

Ridiculous, I am abandoning Samsung this year.

Jiinhuynh
Observer
Options
Other Smartphones

Please bring this future back (One Ui 3.0). It's needed. Don't lost your brand by removing good features.

Sended from S20 Ultra - One UI 3.0

0 Likes