Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memo's not transferring from old phone A3 to M31

(Topic created on: 16-10-2020 09:35 AM)
Tanzmenagerie
Student
Options
I have just bought a Samsung M31,upgrading from a Samsung A3. Everything is backed up &synced via Samasung account, except that my 'memo's from my A3 haven't transferred to the new M31. Can anyone advise please? Assuming the 'Samsung note' now replaces 'memo' as I can't find 'memo' on the M31. I'm not phone or IT savvy I'm afraid. Thanks
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Samsung Notes is the new option and should have backed up in Samsung Cloud and transfer across.

Maybe the issue is you have the older version so are you able to update to Samsung Notes on your previous phone ?

Samsung Smartswitch maybe another option to try.

That or manually re-enter your notes which I know can be a slow and tedious option.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Tanzmenagerie: Can you try opening the Samsung Notes app via your Apps menu > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap the cog in the top right of the pop up window > Import Data > Memos > From Samsung Account, to see if you're able to recover your backed up memos in this manner? 

0 Likes
Tanzmenagerie
Student
Options
I think that possibly the 'memo's' from my old phone are too old to backup in the samsung account as everything else is there,despite how many times I back up. ive also tried from samsung notes. looks like il have to manually enter. thanks for replying
0 Likes
Tanzmenagerie
Student
Options
I think that possibly the 'memo's' from my old phone are too old to backup in the samsung account as everything else is there,despite how many times I back up. ive also tried from samsung notes. looks like il have to manually enter.
0 Likes
Loclann
Student
Options

I too have the A3 and came across this thread while looking for a memo transfer solution. What I intend on doing is to email the memos to myself and then copy and paste the content into whatever Memo/Notes option is available on the Samsung A32. One step better than creating new Memos/Notes from scratch.