Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCK code for my Galaxy J3

(Topic created on: 29-12-2020 04:00 AM)
Members_5l1aCCs
First Poster
Options

Hi

I have a Galaxy J3 that is now frozen due to the Unlatch code being input wrong too many times . I have spent hours discussing this with Samsung and O2 the network operator who both continue to deny that either of them is responsible for supplying me with this code

Can anyone give me a definitive answer as to who will give me this code so that i can use my new SIM in the phone

It shouldnt be this difficult if you can get a paid service to do this for you for one of them to be able to supply it

Any help would be most welcome

TIA

Andy N

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Had this myself. O2 need to contact Samsung for you to get the MCK

Sometimes called an unfreeze code too.

Expect about a week wait.

Some ebay listings do offer three codes too but no point paying.

The phone error is confusing as it can mention Sim but it is as you say once the network code is entered too much wrong it needs resetting with the MCK.

Search O2 forum for samsung MCK :smiling-face:

I speak truth used £1 sim to put into phone to then request MCK. No I did not activate or top it up either!

You need one of their forum mods to pick it up and speak to the techs for you who will then liase with Samsung.

Main issue is cutting through the fluff and getting someone who understands what you want to read it. You may even find my thread on there too!

I did use their mobile broadband a few years back so was truthful about being a former customer.

Summary : You must go through O2 who will speak to Samsung, assuming phone not in contract only free way.

Good luck. Il try to keep an eye on this topic to assist if needed.
Latino2604
Explorer
Options
You can bypass it by using Odin to flash your phone software to a BTU version of the software. This voids warranty and there is a risk of bricking your phone if you don't know what you're doing. Backups are a must before attempting. Also, O2 are supposed to contact Samsung and then email the code to you. This takes about 3 days.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As said it's o2 that need to help you with this 

Samsung can't help with a branded phone that's locked to a network.

I'd suggest to call o2 as the o2 forum isn't run by o2 themselves. 

It's a business that runs it on their behalf.

If a phone becomes hardlocked due to too many unsuccessful attempts then typically it'll need sending off by o2 to have it's counter reset.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
It can be reset DIY if the MCK has been locked after entering a wrong Network Unlock Code too many times, confusing part about the MCK / Unfreeze code is that it can ask for a PUK but its not, but if You know you've used up your network unlock attempts it's obvious what it's asking for.

sometimes it will say unsuccessful but the message on the code entry screen changes ( read it carefully ) as once the MCK / Unfreeze is entered correctly the message changes back to wanting the network unlock code.

Despite what some members on the O2 forum say such as it has to go back to O2 or Samsung if you've locked it with too many attempts that's not completely true. It cannot be permanently hard bricked as such. But if you do lock the MCK defreeze out it is more difficult. JTag not required but in difficult cases adb will be ( root NOT needed )

Please read this topic I linked to , this is not mine but covers it without nonsense or accidental member mid information etc :

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/O2-Gurus/Get-an-MCK-for-my-phone/td-p/1374577

Again , note the error the phone is saying and you must go through O2 as only they can get the MCK from Samsung for you.
0 Likes