Support

Open search

Magnet damage to my Samsung galaxy s5 smart phone

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to fix magnetic damage to my Samsung galaxy mobile phone. It was in the zip compartment of my handbag next to a magnetic key holder. There is a white bar on the right hand side of screen. half an inch wide. It has also affected how long it takes to turn the phone on.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Nowadays cases have magnets which no longer affect mobile phones screens so I'm not sure how yours may have been affected. 

I'd suggest to try backing up your phone and factory reset it. 

If that does not help then a samsung Service Location or samsung experience Store would be able to run a diagnostic on the device. 

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone User.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.1 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.
Samsung Galaxy Buds.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Nowadays cases have magnets which no longer affect mobile phones screens so I'm not sure how yours may have been affected. 

I'd suggest to try backing up your phone and factory reset it. 

If that does not help then a samsung Service Location or samsung experience Store would be able to run a diagnostic on the device. 

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone User.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.1 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.
Samsung Galaxy Buds.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Great... Thank you for your help :smiling-face:
Highlighted

I work in a place with strong magnetic fields.
I worked for 2 weeks and all was OK. NO damage what so ever.
But today when I was at work my screen started to show purple and dark purple and black areas. I did not do anything different than the other days, but the screen started to become purpleish in some places. Then I put my phone in another pocket as I thought it may be because it had been preassured while in pocket 1, but pocket 2 gave same result, so I moved it to my chest pocket and then the damage did not change anymore. I do not think it was pressure. But by then - as it is now - I can not see much of the bottom and left part of my screen, so it is difficult to type and also read text as anything black disappears into the black damage on the screen.
I tole my co-workers, and one of them said, that the magnetic fields are so strong at the workplace that phones cannot handle it - regardless of make.
I would like to know if any help is possible. I have just reset to factory settings but the damage is just as evident as before I did the factory reset.

Top Liked Authors