Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

M31 Galaxy has never updated since bought

(Topic created on: 20-10-2022 08:25 AM)
jinglejangle
Apprentice
Options

I was looking at my M31 to see what update I was on and from when I bought it in 2020 it has never updated still on One UI 2.0 and Android 10. I tried the manual software update download and install and it says your software is up to date current version M315FXXU1ATC5 / M315FOXM1ATC7 / M315FDDU1ATB8 security patch 1 Febuary 2020.

I then tried a full factory reset and still the same issue .

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@jinglejangle Hello, the most probable cause of not receiving updates is that the firmware of your phone is not made for the UK market.
Shows a screenshot of the Service provider software version section. It is located in Settings / About phone / Software information. Greeting

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
jinglejangle
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Ventor for the reply I was on chat with Samsung support with no answer.

I bought the phone from Amazon UK  as an an Amazon uk exclusive. I thought perhaps if I connected via VPN to India where I think the phone is more popular it would maybe update but no luck. I not now in the UK but in another European country.

Screenshot_20221020-082556_Settings (002).jpg

0 Likes
Solution
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@jinglejangle Hello, the firmware you have is for use in the UK. I was unaware of the fact that you live in another country and this is the reason why you do not receive the updates. If you return to the UK you will be able to update the device. Greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

jinglejangle
Apprentice
Options

Noted thanks I have had many other phones in the past from uk with no problem updating I guess they are more widely supported its a shame Samsung restrict their updates like this lessen learned. Thanks again