Original topic:

Lost some of my contacts on my Samsung Galaxy S7

(Topic created on: 07-06-2017 06:35 PM)
AmyT
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi there,

Its been about a 5 days now from since I lahave lost some of my contacts from my phone following from an update.  However, the contacts did not go straight away but after a  couple of days.

I also noticed that my wifi got switch off and my microsoft exchange account got turned off too which I have reinstated and done a soft reboot but to no avail.

I would be grateful for any suggestions to resolve this matter as I have managed to have lost some important contact details.

Thank you in advance.

Amy

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Other Smartphones
Hi

I personally back up my contacts to gmail.

Do you back up to anywhere and did you before performing the update ?

Current Phone > Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

AmyT
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I think it was backed up automatically. However I was away camping with my battery on power saving mode when this happened.

When I returned to sort it out the only available back up details was with the lost data unfortunately. 

Also my contacts display email addresses which wasn't there before.

I understand now most people back up with google which will do from now on.  

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Other Smartphones
It'll back up automatically while on WiFi I believe to Samsung's cloud and a person can manually back up too if you've set this up in your phones settings.

I use gmail and Dropbox to back up.

Yes Google has various options as well as other avenues too.

Current Phone > Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Hal44
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I had lost a lot of my contacts about 4 months ago, (don't know why), on A3 phone. About a fortnight later I noticed I had 73 "recently" added contacts - which included the few I knew were missing, (including my wife's!!). Never knew why.

H.

0 Likes