Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost photos

(Topic created on: 04-01-2023 12:47 PM)
1annabel
Journeyman
Options
Please can someone help! My memory was full so my phone forced me to delete files. It came up with thousands of "unused documents", I couldn't see what they were. Turns out it has deleted thousands of my photos. They aren't in my recycle bin on my photos. I need them back!! Please can someone help and tell me how to get them back?
10 REPLIES 10
Michae1
First Poster
Options
Hi Annabel, possibly you can try restoring your phone. Take a look on YouTube for tutorials and hopefully your pictures are saved and rsstored fir you. Good luck and happy new year. Michael
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I hope you have backed up your photos?
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @1annabel Have you searched in My Files as well as Google photos? Do you have syncronisation with One Drive set up or do you use any other service such as Dropbox? Information on some services here.    Will be problematic without backups and I would recommend using both Cloud services and local storage.  Some information here https://www.findingtheuniverse.com/photo-backup/ 

However  that may be more of a  safeguard for the future.  If you cannot locate anywhere you might be able to recover using Data Recovery software but no guarantee.  I cannot recommend any one myself  as have not needed this option but you see some information here https://geekflare.com/android-data-recovery/

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

1annabel
Journeyman
Options
Thank you for this information. My pictures were deleted from my files unfortunately, rather than my photo gallery. I don't have anything synced up to one drive or backed up on drop box. Thank you for that information, i will have a look.
1annabel
Journeyman
Options
Unfortunately not 🥺
0 Likes
1annabel
Journeyman
Options
Thank you, I will try doing that. Happy new year to you too.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Ouch, I love my picture and value them alot. I can't say enough times and how important to have back of your photos if you value them as they will be lost. Be it unintentionally or via any other means.

To save pain of the loss please back up your photos. You can't recover them 90% of the time once they have gone
1annabel
Journeyman
Options
I will be going forward now 100%. Absolutely gutted.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
So Sorry😥
I have two back ups, if you have amazon prime you get free unlimited photos or use Google photos and get enhanced storage for like £2 per month