Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

LOST PHOTOS AFTER MOVING TO SD

(Topic created on: 08-01-2022 10:22 AM)
Tapakbuddha
Apprentice
Options

I tried to free up some space on my Samsung J7 by using the file manager to move the DCIM folder from internal storage to micro SD card. This appeared to be successful at the time but I've since discovered that my photos are no longer visible in the gallery (showing blank grey with !). And after that i restarted the phone and open my gallery but all my photos still gone.. also i browse my sd card from samsung but found nothing inside DCIM FOLDER..  it seems like the file is never exist in this world 😭😭😭

i tried more than 5 recovery file apps on android but not all of my missing photos found. Also i tried wondershare dr.fone to scan my int storage but it only found my gallery photos (not the missing one)

How can I recover the pictures? Please help me🥲

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm afraid that using the move command is a bad idea as depending upon the amount of data the phone's RAM gets overloaded leading to data loss, as you have found out. Always copy and paste.
There's little chance of recovering any photos without root access and even then unlikely. Unfortunately nothing arrived on your SD car so pointless using recovery tools on that.
I would also recommend keeping clear of Dr Fone products.
Tapakbuddha
Apprentice
Options

Ohh...i see thanks for ur explanation dude...become clear now.. so many thanks