Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out samsung note 4

(Topic created on: 14-05-2022 09:03 PM)
larry4
Apprentice
Options
Lent one of my kids my note 4 she changed pw. and forgot now we can't gain access. Any advice? 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you tried the Android boot menu? While your phone is switched off Press and hold the Power key and the Volume down key. Wait a few seconds and You should see a bunch of information about your device, and Start at the top of the screen. To navigate through the menu options, you use the Volume up and Volume down keys. The Power key is used to make a selection. You can select wipe data/factory reset, this will restart your phone but completely wipe it including the password. Not a problem if you had your phone set to back itself up every night because when you restore it gives you the latest backup to use. However if your phone was setup up before in a way that still requires the password even when factory reset then you have a serious problem. But only you would know that, did you have find my phone set up?

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you tried the Android boot menu? While your phone is switched off Press and hold the Power key and the Volume down key. Wait a few seconds and You should see a bunch of information about your device, and Start at the top of the screen. To navigate through the menu options, you use the Volume up and Volume down keys. The Power key is used to make a selection. You can select wipe data/factory reset, this will restart your phone but completely wipe it including the password. Not a problem if you had your phone set to back itself up every night because when you restore it gives you the latest backup to use. However if your phone was setup up before in a way that still requires the password even when factory reset then you have a serious problem. But only you would know that, did you have find my phone set up?
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @larry4 

Try > I-cant-unlock-my-device. 

Also  Find My Mobile >What-is-find-my-mobile-and-how-can-i-use-it-to-locate-lock or Unlock-or-wipe-my-device/

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
larry4
Apprentice
Options
Excellent confirms advice I've received used it. SORTED ! Thanks for the assist TechZilla 1
larry4
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the Assist B.O.B. got sorted using Techzilla 1 advice but appreciate the support. God bless
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
You are welcome, glad I could help 😊
0 Likes