Support

Open search

Lock Screen Shortcuts Not Showing On My Samsung Galaxy S7.

Highlighted
SOLVED
Explorer

Hi all, 

So a couple of months back I was using my Samsung device to take photos on a trip to NewYork and the lock screen shortcuts were great, I could just press the home button and swipe from bottom right corner to top left and snap a pic, but on my third day of staying there I changed my background to one of the pictures I had taken but then the phone and camera lock screen shortcuts had gone. So I set my background back to the original Samsung one and the shortcuts were still not there. Since I have tried to mess with the themes to try to get them back, with no luck, and also the setting where you can set which apps you can have as a lock screen shortcut, I tried turning it off and on but with no luck either. It says it's on but it clearly isn't,

If anyone could please help me get my lock screen shortcuts back that would be amazing.

thanks,

Twatson
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Explorer
Go to SETTINGS / LOCK SCREEN

then scroll till you the option for lock screen apps
Highlighted

Go to your settings.. then scroll down to reset then move to reset settings. That will solve the problem hundred percent. Reset settings

Highlighted

Just reset the setting then it will reappear once It's done restarting. Do keep in mind that some setting options that you customized will go back to default but most of it will be just like how you manage it before. 

Highlighted

Factory reset cannot be a solution per se. please provide some other solution, if you have it

Highlighted

Hi, 

Well I'm not 100% sure but I've heard from my friends that the upgrade to the completely new version of android I think it was from 7.0 to 8.0 fixed the problem so maybe make sure your device is up to date?

Regards,

Twatson
Highlighted

When updating ALWAYS back up your handsrt

Next... REMOVE memory card (stops you losing music and photos)

Next... Do a FULL reformat

Next ... DO NOT interupt the reformat.

When the phone tells you it's finished reformating reinsert memory card.

Next .... Do a RESTORE

Restart handset, and now your phone should be the same as before, but better!

Highlighted

my app shortcut isn't working

Highlighted

Hi ya

Go to ...

Settings

LOCK SCREEN

APP SHORTCUTS

then select left n right and make sure it's turned on, and chose which shortcut you want.

Highlighted
Ps
If you mean on the home screen

DELTE IT
RESET IT.
Top Liked Authors