Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Latest update

(Topic created on: 26-03-2017 08:17 PM)
Gh33
Apprentice
Options

Since the latest nougat update my phone is rubbish. The battery drains before my very eyes and I have had to put a case on because it actually burns my fingers now. Worried that it may explode! Also hate hate hate the new layout/design. Too harsh on my eyes. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AntS
Options

Hi @Gh33.

There may be some old software left over after the update. You'll be able to clear it by rebooting your phone into Recovery mode and wiping the cache partition. Should make things run more smoothly for you.

0 Likes
Gh33
Apprentice
Options

Don't know how to do that lol! 

0 Likes
TracyR
Options

Hey, @Gh33!

No worries, just follow these steps and we'll sort you out! :womanvery-happy:

Start by turning your phone off, then press and hold the Power, Home and Volume Up buttons together. After a few seconds your phone will vibrate - you can now release all buttons. Samsung recovery mode will be displayed. Scroll down and select 'Clear Cache Partition' (Use the Volume keys to scroll and Power to select). Once you've done this, scroll down and select 'Reboot System Now'. :womanhappy:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes
Gh33
Apprentice
Options

Help! I did as you said pressed power home and volume down keys together and now my phone is stuck on a downloading screen20170328_124600.jpg

0 Likes
TracyR
Options

Don't worry, it was only a wrong button pressed! 

From the screen you're on now, press and hold the same three buttons (Power, Home and V.Down) and your phone will turn off, then press Power, Home and Volume Up. If the little Android bot pops up just let him spin. 

Recovery mode will then display! :womanhappy:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes
Gh33
Apprentice
Options

Phew! That was scarey! I've cleared the cache so we'll see if that helps. Btw when I scroll down the setting menu from home screen where brightness sound etc are half of the icons are missing since the update. Any ideas?

Many thanks for your help.

Gill

0 Likes