Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest update ruined my S8

(Topic created on: 07-08-2020 08:01 PM)
LKarlberg
Apprentice
Options

the latest update from Samsung ruined my S8. It was working perfectly. an update was performed and my phone would know longer boot up. would not do a soft reset. you could ffeel it trying to boot and nothing. When we put it on the wireless charger pad the logo would show up and then go away, it would keep doing this loop. I went to Tmoble, Costco, Best Buy and a local cell phone repair and know one could fix it. Costco said 2 other people came in yesterday with the exact same issue and the Samsung local rep was there at the time and said there was no fix. They had never seen it before, $900 later I had to buy a new phone! so pissed... anyone else have this issue? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Snaville
First Poster
Options
Was your phone rooted?
That's a common problem for rooted devices a

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Snaville
First Poster
Options
Was your phone rooted?
That's a common problem for rooted devices a
0 Likes
LKarlberg
Apprentice
Options

Hi not sure what that means. I bought it from Samsung and have not altered it in any way.

0 Likes
LKarlberg
Apprentice
Options

Hi not sure what that means. I bought it from Samsung and have not altered it in any way.

0 Likes
h1pp1tyhop
First Poster
Options

Also having issues with my S8 since the update yesterday. I bought my phone brand new, it has not been "rooted". Prior to the update my phone was perfectly fine, now I am not able to use my screen pretty much 99% of the time, my phone is pretty much useless. Tmobile is unable to assist, they suggested to go to Best Buy (have not been able to go yet), Samsung (which we do not have in the area) or use my warranty for something that was not my fault. I was the seventh customer that they had today with the same issue. If anyone knows how to correct this horrific situation, I am sure all of the SAMSUNG users will be grateful! Thank you!