Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J6 not backed up-lost everything for good?

(Topic created on: 02-03-2021 11:27 AM)
Amy1998
First Poster
Options

First Post so bear with.

My J6 phone wont switch on, it's stuck on the lock screen with wheel going round. My photos arent backed up and memory was very full. I think an update started and then this (middle of night ). If I do o a factory reset can I restore the photos and transfer to the cloud or sd card? I've read it can be possible but am nervous to factory reset as really want to try everything so I don't lose the photos (they are of my newborn and I'm absolutely devastated)

Any advice gratefully received. I'd pay if I can n get the photos back, I, m desperate.

Thank you

Amy

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
no if you factory reset and nothing has been backed up ever you will lose absolutely everything, if a back up was done not long ago you would lose stuff from after then but if you have never done a back up everything will go. have you tried holding down the off button till it restarts?
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
try soft reset, press the volume down button and off button and hold both until the phone goes off and you see the galaxy start up screen, this may resolve the issue and you won't lose anything, let me know if that helps and if not will try another step
0 Likes
Amy1998
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your reply. I've tried holding down the power and volume button and it goes back to the same screen 😞‌ is there anything else I could try? 

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
your welcome, will try my best to help, does the j6 have a removable battery? if so you could take that out and leave it 5 mins, if not wait for the battery to drain, does the phone do anything at all? or does it just sit there like you have described.
0 Likes
Amy1998
First Poster
Options

No I don't think it is removable. 

I'm waiting to drain the battery, I had charged it fully yesterday to see if that helped so am waiting for it to run down now. I've tried to connect to my laptop to see if I can retrieve the photos but my laptop won't connect 

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
yea I think that's the best bet just let it go down, so you can't do anything at all it just sits on that screen?
0 Likes
Amy1998
First Poster
Options

Yes, this is the screen

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
OK well let the battery run out and will go from there let me know what happens but please don't do a factory reset as the pictures will go.
0 Likes
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
just to be clear, it's extremely difficult to recover directly from a formatted storage (definitely not something average consumers would be advised to try)

however, do you have another android device you can log in on and see if the backups have been added to Google drive or Samsung cloud etc before going through too much trouble?
0 Likes