Did you mean: 

Original topic:

J6 email not sending

(Topic created on: 08-10-2018 06:50 AM)
Andybuk
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I have just upgraded to a galaxy j6 and am having trouble with emails. Took a while to get it to sync, and now it has I cannot send emails from the email app. They stay in the outbox and keep failing to send. Any ideas?

Thanks

Andy

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
GeorgeC
Pathfinder
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi @Andybuk

1. What email client app are you using? (samsung email, gmail, yahoo)

2. What email service are you using? (outlook, gmail, yahoo, corporate, etc.)

3. What error are you receiving?

4. Try to move the emails to draft folder then send them again (I had this problem on gmail with gmail app some versions ago)

5. Usually when emails are not leaving your email client is because there is something preventing them - size of attachement (for example).

6. Have you tried the same on another email client app?

Can you get/generate blank emails? (send an email to another email address and receive one to see if the sending/receiving side of things works as expected)

Can you please provide more details?

Present: SM-N960F | SM-R800 | QC35 | Yunmai Balance | SM-R140 |
Previous: SM-N950F | SM-R600 | QC35 |EE-MG950 |
Andybuk
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

@GeorgeC wrote:

Hi @Andybuk

1. What email client app are you using? (samsung email, gmail, yahoo)

2. What email service are you using? (outlook, gmail, yahoo, corporate, etc.)

3. What error are you receiving?

4. Try to move the emails to draft folder then send them again (I had this problem on gmail with gmail app some versions ago)

5. Usually when emails are not leaving your email client is because there is something preventing them - size of attachement (for example).

6. Have you tried the same on another email client app?

Can you get/generate blank emails? (send an email to another email address and receive one to see if the sending/receiving side of things works as expected)

Can you please provide more details?

I am using Samsung Email.

I am using Hotmail / Outlook.

The email I send sits in the outbox but everytime sending is attempted, I get a notification that sending has failed.

It doesn't matter whether the email is in drafts or not.

The emails are very small, and to different recipients.

Just to add to the fun, it has now stopped auto syncing so I don't get notifications when new emails come through. I have to go into the app to see if there are any new ones.

0 Likes
GeorgeC
Pathfinder
Options
Other Smartphones

Can you see what the error is when you get the notification that sending has failed? (maybe make a print screen)

Regarding auto-syncing - there are two options - one in the quick shortcut menu - it's called sync. Second in Settings -> Cloud & Accounts -> Accounts -> Select the email provider -> Sync Account -> Make sure the sync is enabled.

I would suggest to also report the issue from contact us (in Samsung email) or via Samsung Members.

Best

Present: SM-N960F | SM-R800 | QC35 | Yunmai Balance | SM-R140 |
Previous: SM-N950F | SM-R600 | QC35 |EE-MG950 |
Andybuk
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

There is no error message unfortunately. Just the notification at the top of the phone's screen that message sending failed. Then it keeps trying every few minutes.

I have checked the settings and sync is definitely switched on.

0 Likes