Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J3 phone wont hold its charge

(Topic created on: 17-05-2019 08:50 PM)
Ange12
First Poster
Options

Can anyone help with this? Whenever I charge my phone it lasts for less than 24 hours before I have to charge it again. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now. It has always been on 'power saving mode' .I have tried everthing that I can think of to fix the problem but nothing works. I have deleted aps, checked for soft ware updates bought a new battery and even reset my phone back to factory settings without any success.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
Seems like you already did the things that I would recommend. Perhaps is a power bank an idea to allow you to charge the phone on the go? Alternatively a battery replacement (Batteries get worse over time) might be an option but that might be more costly.

Ange12
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your reply. I have tried a new battery.  Suppose I will have to put up with it until I get a new phone later on.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

What does the battery section in Device say ?

Please check if the network signal where you are has not declined because if so the phone will be working harder to maintain connection.

Can you put the phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working.

Then see if the performance improves. 

If it does then one or more of your apps is causing this.

If not then have a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre run a diagnostic test on it @Ange12 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Ange12
First Poster
Options

O.K thanks. Think I need a diagnostic test.

0 Likes