Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Issues after software update

(Topic created on: 14-09-2017 10:38 PM)
Dazza1
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I've updated my s7 edge and now it's rubbish any help please,internet rubbish,keeps dropping calls and disconnecting me HELP PLEASE 

8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi @Dazza1

If a phone is bugging out after a firmware update then the generic advice is to do the following In order as needed. ....

1. Turn the phone Off and On to soft reboot it. It can take a short while for the phone to properly index after an update. Ie settle down. 
  2. Turn the phone Off and perform a set of button presses to enter the phones file system and clear the Systems Cache. 
  3. Back-Up and Factory Reset which helps to remove old redundant files that can sometimes be left behind and cause conflicts occasionally. 

:smiling-face:

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb in Phantom Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help.

0 Likes
Eltas
Pathfinder
Options
Other Smartphones
It is also important when receiving a software update to ensure a strong constant internet connection to prevent any disruption to installation files. and for major android updates - from 6 to 7, 7 to 8 - best to back up your phone and do a factory reset after to really prevent any legacy system files from causing problems in the "new" system
Bazza511
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
since the latest update my Samsung s9 when answering incoming calls does not let the person who rang hear my voice . I have to ring them back any advice because its very annoying
0 Likes
Mism
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi, I am having same issue, bloody hard when you are using your phone for work.

0 Likes
billym91
Student
Options
Other Smartphones
hello after update 4th January my mobile data will not work also my girlfriends won't same network and the same phone
0 Likes
Markie1212
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
samsungs latest update on s20 and my wife s10 lite on Vodafone bluetooth connection issues changes to all your app functionality bluetooth apps not working correctly in car passing call back to phone while driving. total garbage. No excuses stop messing up our phones when updating. fed up and will leave Samsung 😒
0 Likes
billym91
Student
Options
Other Smartphones
does your phone keep disconnecting did this resolve? mine resolved after last update and has done the same again today
0 Likes
Deniska7
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
After the latest update (s10plus) my battery is so bad! I barely use the phone but the battery goes down really fast and then when it's at 15% it suddenly jumps from 15 to 10 to 5 and turn off within like a minute... what is going on samsung!?!!
0 Likes