Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with phone recording videos.

(Topic created on: 24-09-2021 06:26 PM)
Disaster1
First Poster
Options

My phone has spontaneously started recording video and I can't make it stop! I've tried to switch to photos without success. Also have shut the phone down and starting again, but it makes no difference. If I switch to other apps it's still recording in the background. I'm worried that a third party might have control of my phone. I'd be so grateful for any suggestions. Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Factory reset 🤷
0 Likes
Orion6117
Explorer
Options
No you have installed security and is recording when detecting mob movement's had this n nearly reset also there are more in built security be positive its not an app before you reset and back up settings not apps
0 Likes
Orion6117
Explorer
Options
Do the samsung members diagnostics on everything or just your camera
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Please don't assume that your phone's inbuilt security can deal with EVERY form of malware out there Disaster1. This sounds potentially very sinister to me and I for one would not tolerate it for one second. Clearing the camera app cache would be a start as would seeing if the problem occurs still in Safe Mode. If it doesn't I would start uninstalling your last installed apps one by one. I would seriously consider covering your camera lenses with insulating tape in the mean time. I don't mean to sound paranoid and I am sure nobody is covertly prying into your life but what price the security of you and your family and loved ones?. Hope your problem gets solved quickly. 👍👍
0 Likes