Support

Open search

Introducing the Samsung S8 / S8+

Highlighted
Pathfinder

Good morning everyone! 

With the official release date of April 28th, customers who pre-ordered can receive their new device up to 8 days early (today being the first day). We're hope you're all excited as we are. 

You'll find some of the key specs below if you haven't managed to take a look just yet. Also, the link to buy the new phone is here > https://shop.samsung.com/uk/

Design.png

The new infinity display gives you more when viewing images and videos. The two screens (S8 = 5.8" and S8+ = 6.2") will make watching movies even better, with a 18.5:9 display ratio. The settings can be customised to your preference. 

Camera.png

The front camera is 8MP and the rear camera 12MP. Both aperature's are F1.7 which makes for great filming and pictures in low-light conditions. Recording videos is available in 4K and there's also a new feature with stickers (much like the Snapchat filter) which comes as default. 

Performance.png

We're introducing the first 10nm processor to be used in a Smartphone. Furthermore, the 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage will make gaming better than ever. We're really excited about DeX which we will be sharing more info about shortly. If you're interested now, check this link

We're happy to answer any other questions you've got about the S8/S8+ as well. Enjoy the new phone:) 

71 REPLIES 71
Highlighted

My device arrive 8 days before release date and I didn't even know I was getting it early. Don't worry guys, it will be worth the wait, the handset is stunning and the quality of the screen is unbelievable. After having it for only a few days I can confidently say it's the best phone I've ever owned. Enjoy 😀

Highlighted

I can agree with that. It's worth waiting for - the S8 is fab! I had to register an email address, it asked me to get the authentication code from my email app and enter it in the box below - and hey presto it detected I received the email and put the code in the box for me and in a couple of seconds I was all done. How neat is that?

Highlighted

Currently having problems with the s8's camera. It doesn't produce 4k video, am I supposed to see a pixelated screen when recording. I see a lot of recording done outside,is that the only place the camera is able to perform to its full potential? At this point I'm lost.

Highlighted

What is the resolution set at under video in the camera app? 

Highlighted

UHD 3840 x 2160

Highlighted
But I have also shot using lower resolutions and they still look the same visually
Highlighted

Are still shots fine? 

Highlighted

Hi my screen is pink too, I've done the software upgrade and took red down to minimum. Is yours still pink or have you solved the problem. Cheers 

Highlighted

it is still there its hard to show online as screen grab does not show it not sure how to show it lol

Highlighted
Apprentice

I have this phone on April 20 and I already have problems with the screen that is blocking me and with the Bixby button that has to press many times to open. I am a samsung fan and I have no problems. But now 😔.I'm trying to solve this problem by waiting for answer from samsung electronics.

Top Liked Authors