Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet may not be available

(Topic created on: 26-06-2020 06:03 PM)
Alex930
Apprentice
Options

Hi all, 

Just wanted to see if anyone has anyone advice. I keep getting the notification on my phone that the internet may not be available. Internet is working fine on all my other devices, apart from my Samsung Galaxy a40. I have done all the resets, forgetting the network, turning on safe mode, etc. none worked out.

The only work around I have is that I can connect if I reroute the wifi through my computer as a local hotspot. But that slows my computer connection a little for gaming and live streams. 

If anyone has any idea why the router connection won't work, it would be much appreciated. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Afternoon/evening @Alex930 ,

That is strange. To determine if there is an issue with the phone Wi-Fi receiver please run the following test: Samsung> Samsung Members> Get Help section of the app (this is at the bottom right side of the screen when you launch the app) > Interactive Checks > Tap Wireless. Get back to us with the result of this test here, and any of the moderators will assist you! 

0 Likes
Alex930
Apprentice
Options

Hi Tess! 

According to the app, when i connect to my router which gives the 'Internet may not be available' error it shows,

Signal Strength: Very strong (390Mbps)

And when I connect to the wifi through a hot spot instead it shows, 

Signal Strength: Very strong (52Mbps)

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for that! Would you be able to test this with a different connection/router so we can determine if this is related to the connection or the phone?

0 Likes
Alex930
Apprentice
Options

I'm afraid not until tomorrow. I live in a pretty isolated place without any public wifi. But will do that tomorrow at some point. Is there any other information I should send over beforehand?