Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important documents removed in brutalest way possible.

(Topic created on: 22-02-2020 04:21 PM)
bacKz
First Poster
Options

So I had problems with my charging port on my S8 phone of that "Moisture Detection" feature superiority that totally exploited the charging port and destroyed it completely despite it never ever touching the water substance on it's whole lifespan leading me with total broken adapter and not even having access to use the phone again despite having the guaranty of Sasmung that it will work for "2 years" without even a problem. So I took the phone and send it to the store I bought in my country which is Neptun in Kosovo basically in Prizren city.  I told what's the problem and even asked them clearly; I couldn't really make an backup from the phone due to the charging port failure and precisely asked them.Will they remove every single thingI have in my phone? Since it only is hardware related problem and it doesn't even have any manipulation need in the software for only swaping the charging port with a new one. And they said, Not really, Don't even worry about it, They won't remove any single of thing your phone and I asked them again about it because I still wasn't sure about it, they once again told me that they will not. So I let them get my phone and send in their repairing center hopingly to fix it properly without any problem as I had even bad experience with them about my TV which had problems of getting turned on and they completely removed the WIFI dongle it had inside and disable the wifi connection, now I can't even use the wifi connection anymore. So normally from that I had doubts for my phone as well. And guess what? I was right. They kind of fixed the charging port but they did even worse, They completely removed every single important thing I had starting from my college lessons,  all the photos , different important documents and evidences that I had about an legal case that it is still open and totally depends on those evidences and every single thing I had there got destructed in brutalest way possible due to people's ignorance and negligence on my phone, even after persuading them of actual situation. Now it's been 2 weeks since I got my phone and i'm struggling to even find any way of recovering those important documents and evidences that's life mattering. The storage of the phone is not yet used to it's fullest due to the chances of the old data being overwritted.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @bacKz 

I appreciate it's stressful when our phones fail as we typically store everything on them nowadays.

This why in my opinion it's vital to regularly back up to different options.

There are many options available from online vaults i.e  Google and Dropbox to name two and to the Samsung Cloud which can be set to automatically update and Sd cards if relevant.

Especially when the documents and photos are important.

So are you sure this was not set up to back up ?

" despite having the guaranty of Sasmung that it will work for "2 years" without even a problem "

No manufacturer can guarantee that an issue will not present itself I'm afraid.

As far as I'm aware Samsung do not say a person will not experience a problem with their phones wether within the 2 year manufacturing warranty or thereafter in their small print or manufacturing warranty literature.

Samsung applies a 2 year warranty to provide confidence to the consumer they will help support that phone for that period of time as long as the phone isn't damaged via the owner i.e accidental damage or the water indicators have been tripped.

I'm in the UK and as such can only advise what happens here.

Typically when a phone is submitted to Samsung or a Networks Repair Centre one of the first procedures is to factory reset  / re install the firmware as most issues can be resolved this way instead of opening up the phone.

This is why in the warranty support pages 》samsung.com/uk/support/warranty  it states...

Screenshot_20200223-055147_Samsung Internet.jpg

You would need to obviously check this on tour own countries Samsung support pages.

I have read before that there are software programmes available which some do cost to use that can recover information from the phone however as I've not used any I'm unable to recommend one. Perhaps a Google Search may help or another member will be along to suggest an option.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

HI @bacKz , @BandOfBrothers  has given a full explaination and sorry to hear  but just to say that I concur that it is best to have a few back ups and to take the necessary precautions.  This is particularly vital  if you have important documents,would have thought crucial if you are needing evidence for legal purposes.

This is the link for Serbian warranty which seems to be on the same basis https://www.samsung.com/rs/support/warranty/ 

As far as Data  recovery is concerned you may wish to  look at this information though I have not used the software mysef, more resources will be available on the internet.  https://howtorecover.me/best-android-data-recovery-software 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
stephenjensen1
First Poster
Options

@essaytyper wrote:

They kind of fixed the charging port but they did even worse, They completely removed every single important thing I had starting from my college lessons,  all the photos , different important documents and evidences that I had about an legal case that it is still open and totally depends on those evidences and every single thing I had there got destructed in brutalest way possible due to people's ignorance and negligence on my phone, even after persuading them of actual situation. Now it's been 2 weeks since I got my phone and i'm struggling to even find any way of recovering those important documents and evidences that's life mattering. The storage of the phone is not yet used to it's fullest due to the chances of the old data being overwritted.

Oh, I regret to hear you've lost important data. This is what I am afraid of very much so I have numerous back ups and feel constant lack of memory size on my clouds. Did you save your files to the cloud account?

0 Likes
Kperry10
First Poster
Options

Hi there,

Sorry that you lost everything but strange question. Do you know how they factory reset it?

I have the same issue with mine "moisture detection" despite it NEVER touching water! But I'd like to factory reset it to sell it on, but can't as it won't turn on🙄

0 Likes