Open search

I cant remove app icons from home screen

Highlighted

I can't remove app icons from the home screen

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
FINALLY! A solution. Thank you
Highlighted

Thank you! 🤗🙏This has been seriously irking me for some time now.

Highlighted

Thank you AKH for this is a SOLUTION! I have no idea why Samsung would change the way apps have been removed or managed from a home screen from the default (press and hold then drag to the option you want) that has worked for years and years but they did. I thought I was going nutter :grinning-face-with-one-large-and-one-small-eye: or something! Hmm, hold, wait for management options or menu, release and tap which option you want in the menu. Done!

Highlighted

I cannot be able to move or delete my apps on my home screen, I've gone through the settings general management and following people's idea ideas and options but nothing seems to work. what should I do, this is my Samsung Galaxy 8 

Highlighted

Pinch your screen and shrink the screen. You will have 4 icons, Wallpaper, Themes, Widgets and Home screen settings. Tap the Home screen settings. Scroll down to Lock Home screen layout. Make sure it is turned off.

It is most likely turned on. Once you turn it off you'll beable to move things around again.

Highlighted
Observer

I was trying to remove a background image.  I found an image of the home screen in the picture area and tried to transfer it to the home screen.  Now nothing but the APP button works and there are two of them. One works.  The rest just look like a picture and won't respond to touch.  The phone just had an episode of flashinbg pink light and red lines flying everywhere.

Highlighted
Observer
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
Top Liked Authors