Support

Open search

I cant remove app icons from home screen

Highlighted

I can't remove app icons from the home screen

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted

I have a Samsung J7, and whenever I go to remove a page I saved from online, the delete icon won't stay long enough for me to actually remove it. It disappears the minute I move the item to be deleted. 😞

Highlighted

I am having the same problem with Galaxy S9 plus and I tried the developer path and did not work 

Highlighted

I had the same issue. Don't drag the icon into the delete or uninstall box. Just remove your finger and press the link in the box. 

Highlighted

I had the same problem. Just Hold the icon for a second , lift your finger and tap on the remove (dustbin) symbol...Simple

Highlighted

Thanks for the reply AKH. My wife put me on top after I posted my problem. So you had the same issue too? I know I'm not going senile just yet. It used to be different right? You would hold the icon down and then swipe it into whichever bin, correct? Hell, maybe I am going senile. Lol.

Highlighted

Thank you! It was driving me nuts.

Highlighted

Thank you for the suggestion.  I finally got rid of some of those unwanted icon shortcuts to apps that were on my various face screens.   

Highlighted

Thanks so much for figuring this out - this is how to do it!

Highlighted
First Poster

I know your message is old, But just incase others is looking for answers. At your home screen take your index finger and thumb, shrink the screen. Click on the Home screen settings at the bottom. Look for Lock Home screen layout. Turn it off so that you can move your icons.

Highlighted

Perfect solution!  

Top Liked Authors