Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Huge S8 battery draining

(Topic created on: 26-06-2017 07:00 PM)
Ratnik987
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Hello. I bought SGS8 last week (actually it is 6th day today) and from the beginning I have bad battery life. After removing my device from charger, after few minutes battery drops on 99, 98 etc.

I turned off Always On display, location is set to Battery saving. This is my second device, my main device is iPhone 7 so all my apps are here. Here I have Viber AND FB. After 3 hours battery went to 80%. With LIGHT usage.

Can this be normal?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
KellyM
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi @Ratnik987

Do you have services such as Wi-Fi, Mobile Data, Location and Bluetooth activated? Do you close down your background apps? Can you provide a screenshot of your battery usage?

0 Likes
Ratnik987
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Screenshot_20170626-164421.png

Screenshot_20170626-164417.png

Here are my screenshots. Location is on battery savi g, Wi-Fi is on, data on when out of Home. 

Bluetooth and NFC are always off. Also I use built in Device maintenance app to put down all apps after I finish using my device. 

ALL my battery draining apps such as instagram, WhatsApp, Viber, Telegram, Duolingo etc are on my iPhone. Here are Samsung apps plus some of mine which I rarely use.

0 Likes
KellyM
Options
Other Smartphones

There doesn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary here. Is your software up to date? Go to: Settings > Software Update > Download Updates Manually. 

0 Likes
Ratnik987
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Screenshot_20170627-200358.png

There is no newer in my region/country. 

0 Likes
Laky16vt
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

i would try to do factory reset and then track battery life...i have the same phone and when fully charged it shows 50 hours of battery life remaining, i charge it every third day (i dont use Fast Charge option)

here are my screenshots, you obviously have a problem with your phone

Screenshot_20170627-131550.png

0 Likes
Ratnik987
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

I will take my phone to repair service in Telekom because nobody can make me think this is normal (they tried on American community)

As phone is 7 days old, my warranty says that it will be changed with new device. 

0 Likes