Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

how to restore old backups from samsung cloud (not latest one)

(Topic created on: 16-08-2017 07:07 PM)
ibojan
Student
Options

HELP!!!!!

I have set up automatic backup of all data from my S8+ to Samsung cloud and used it for a month or so without problems, including backup of contacts which were stored on SIM card. Eventually, my SIM card (with all the stored contacts) broke and I had to replace it with new one (in the same phone). Unfortunatelly, I have accidentally created a backup to Samsung cloud when new SIM card with no contacts was already in the phone, before I have restored data from the cloud, and now I have lost all my contacts. 

Is there any possible way to get to old back ups in Samsung cloud (not latest one - this one includes no contacts)? I am sure that every back up before replacing SIM card had included contacts. Or maybe there is some other way to restore lost contacts (accept data recovery software - I have tried that with no success)?

I would really appreciate any info on this matter - I have spent hours browsing internet for a solution with no success

32 REPLIES 32
reynold1
Journeyman
Options
Hi, just seen your post. Can you tell me did you ever manage to get your photos back. I am devastated , I have lost precious photos of my late son due to samsung update immediately after reset.
m54322
Student
Options

I was never able to get my photos back. The only photos I have now of the past four years are ones that I sent to friends and family, which they sent back to me after I lost them. Samsung's automatic cloud backup doesn't save photos at all, just device settings -- which is, ya know, not something anyone cares about backing up. All the file recovery programs out there are just malware, and will say that they've found your photos, but will never actually be able to get them to you.

So the only hope you really have of getting any photos back is asking friends and family to send you any photos you've sent them, and to check any website where you may have uploaded any of your photos. You're probably only going to find a few of your photos, but I don't think there's anything else you can do. 😞

reynold1
Journeyman
Options
Thank you for replying to me. I am devastated, a lot if the photos were personal to me. I cannot believe samsung cloud does not back up its gallery.