Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

how to restore old backups from samsung cloud (not latest one)

(Topic created on: 16-08-2017 07:07 PM)
ibojan
Student
Options

HELP!!!!!

I have set up automatic backup of all data from my S8+ to Samsung cloud and used it for a month or so without problems, including backup of contacts which were stored on SIM card. Eventually, my SIM card (with all the stored contacts) broke and I had to replace it with new one (in the same phone). Unfortunatelly, I have accidentally created a backup to Samsung cloud when new SIM card with no contacts was already in the phone, before I have restored data from the cloud, and now I have lost all my contacts. 

Is there any possible way to get to old back ups in Samsung cloud (not latest one - this one includes no contacts)? I am sure that every back up before replacing SIM card had included contacts. Or maybe there is some other way to restore lost contacts (accept data recovery software - I have tried that with no success)?

I would really appreciate any info on this matter - I have spent hours browsing internet for a solution with no success

32 REPLIES 32
vania26
First Poster
Options
We are in April of 2020 and they didn't fix this huge problem for many of us (just happend to me), I just can't believe how many people have the same problem and they didn't do nothing to fix it!!! We need to do something about it because clearly they didn't do it and it doesn't seem they'll do it anytime soon. Anyone knows how can we start? Should we write a formal complaint from a lawyer or something? I don't know how can we make our voice heard, for them to notice that there is a problem they need to fix.
scorehouse
Student
Options

Hello guys. I see that's an old unsolved huge problem still that i just had a day ago. I see what brand i'd be avoiding the next acquirement.

0 Likes
Tracy3103
Explorer
Options
same, ithad photos that are very sentimental and I could seriously cry over it! Samsung are astonishing when it comes to customer service
0 Likes
Twig
First Poster
Options

Lost a ton of folders with important bookmarks.... just deleted off my screen, haven't rebooted or restarted my phone at all today

0 Likes
Beano
First Poster
Options

Me too, and I would love to get them back.  This happened on my tab a 10.5 too.  I have never before been so frustrated with Samssung.  Never.

0 Likes
nic12345
First Poster
Options
Not happy, why are Samsung not doing anything about this so angry as the same problem has happened to me and its all because of the rubbish phone not working!!!!
0 Likes
Members_73Ek3Et
Student
Options

ive had the same problem and lost all of my notes. a lot of them were important, i didnt realise this

is something that has been happening to so many people,ive left iphone 8 years ago but if this is not resolved

then samsung phone will be no good for me

0 Likes
Members_73Ek3Et
Student
Options

i just seen a video on youtube,saying samsung cloud is changing everything over to

microsoft onedrive, i think this is our problem,the video is from sakitech,posted on 17th december 2020,

0 Likes
nickell58
First Poster
Options

... especially, as the National Cyber Security website advises that, if you're unfortunate enough to fall for a flubot incursion on your phone, you have to restore from a backup made BEFORE the event ..... not exactly possible if that is not done the same day, what with the auto backup happening daily. So I've also lost all my data .. I shall be looking for other 3rd party backup software, thanks for nothing, Samsung

0 Likes
m54322
First Poster
Options

Having this same problem in 2023. I'm going to go to the AT&T store and see if they can do anything about this, or at least get any old photos from my phone's memory.

0 Likes